JOIN command from 2012 to 2011

Hi, I want the functionality of the JOIN command from autocad 2012 in autocad 2011.

I have used 2012 and when I select multiple lines that are next to each other and type join. They all group up into a polyline.

In 2011 the command does not work like this and is actually limited because the lines have to be straight lines.

Is it possible to create a script that works like the join command from Acad 2012?

------------------------------

FYI: I know that you can just pedit>M>join.... I'm just lazy and want an easier way to do that.

Yes, I have a several connected "LINES" that i want to join together into a "POLYLINE".

Kind of like how you would select them and use pedit > m > join. Except I want to just select them and type JOIN and it does that for me similar to how it works in ACAD 2012.

I did not mention it but I'm using 2011. This is why I'm curious if this is possible.

I'm not sure how to create a macro that does all that.

If you mean to make a macro that does pedit > m > join ..... I'm not sure that will work the way I intend it to work because you have to select the lines after you type in pedit > m

The way I want it to work is that you select the lines first and then type in a command that joins them into a polyline after.

Edited by vcvanillacoke

You could use the Action Recorder feature to create it. It's found on the Manage tab of the Ribbon.

I tried creating an action using the action editor but is there any way to get it to do a "pedit > M" without asking to select the objects.

In other words I want to select the objects then type pedit without having to re select them.

I would recommend you forget about both JOIN and PEDIT>Join, and add LeeMac's PolylineJoin Lisp to your startup. It doesn't care if they're lines, polylines, or arcs ...... everything selected will become a polyline, and every entity that shares and endpoint will be joined together into a single polyline.

http://www.lee-mac.com/polylineprograms.html

PolylineJoin.gif

While I use ACTIONRECORDER a lot, and like it, this lisp of Lee's looks like just the ticket.

Why aren't I more surprised? Lee Mac, say no more.

....except of course, thanks Lee! :beer:

A short macro for LT users:

^C^C_select;\_pedit;l;y;j;p;;;

It's not as good as LeeMac's lisp, but it works as you see on the animated gif two posts above :)

PS. Apologies SLW210 :oops:

Edited by Blackfish
wrong coding

A slightly better macro. The earlier one has a problem when you select existing polyline :)

$M=$(if,$(eq,$(getvar,peditaccept),1),^C^C_select;\_pedit;all;j;p;;,^C^C_peditaccept;1;^C^C_select;\_pedit;all;j;p;;;^C^C_peditaccept;0)

PEDITACCEPT - system variable affects PEDIT command;

0 - when you select a line AutoCAD asks you "Object selected is not a polyline Do you want to turn it into one?", 1 - no question.