HOW to make each drawing to be placed on different layout (AutoCAD 2007)

uekix

In the model space, i have 1 sheet and have 3 different drawing in it( lets say , i have a circle, a polygon, and a rectangle).

How can i put the circle on Layout1 , the polygon on Layout2 and the rectangle on Layout3...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• uekix

• ReMark

• rkent

• khoshravan

Top Posters In This Topic

Create a viewport in each layout. You can use the MVIEW command to do this. I would recommend creating a layer just for your viewports and set it to "no print" in the Layer Properties Manager.

i know about that viewport, but it shows every drawings in each layout. I want to be specific , each drawing will be in different layout. And I dont know about that "layer with viewports" thing.

If you create a layer specifically for your viewports (and nothing else) and it is set to "no print" then you won't see the viewport frame show up on each and every layout you plot.

Yes, everything that is over in model space will show up in your viewport when it is first created. You assign a scale to your viewport, then you use the PAN command to set up the view to show only what is needed. Remeber too that viewports can be resized via their grips. Before moving onto the next viewport you lock the viewport display, via the Properties palette, to prevent inadvertently changing the viewport scale.

You might benefit by looking at the CADTutor tutorial about paper space that covers the use of viewports.

Nice. It doesn't change a thing I said.

Next question.

BTW...whoever did the drawing put all the viewports on layer "0" then turned the layer Off so they are not seen.

Nice. It doesn't change a thing I said.

Next question.

BTW...whoever did the drawing put all the viewports on layer "0" then turned the layer Off so they are not seen.

Thanks, but i need a better guide. A tutorial maybe. Mind to help?

You probably missed the part where I mentioned the CADTutor tutorial about paper space.

http://www.cadtutor.net/tutorials/autocad/paper-space-exercise.php

Here's another tutorial for you re: model space and paper space.

http://www.autocadcentral.com/Tutorials/Lesson%2010/lesson10.htm

And one last one. Go through all three and you'll be an expert at which point you can answer all the questions and we'll go down to the local pub and have a brew while you're holding down the fort. LoL

http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/course/48-568/PDFs/AutoCAD2D/Chapter29.pdf

yeah i saw that and that tutorial start from and mostly use paper space, but im going to start from model space because i already have a drawing there (circle, polygon, rectangle - they use the same layer) and put the circle on its own paperspace(layout) , and polygon on its own paperspace..and so on.

I gave you two additional links to tutorials. I recommend that you read them. If you have any further questions after you have finished then return here and post them.

Is there anything else?

Did you want to see a drawing using your example of a circle, polygon and rectangle each on a different layout?

Just in case you came back and answered "yes" to my question. A simple example. Drawing was saved in 2000 file format so you should have no trouble opening it. Imperial units were used.

CirclePolygonRectangle.dwg

Edited by ReMark

In the model space, i have 1 sheet and have 3 different drawing in it( lets say , i have a circle, a polygon, and a rectangle).

How can i put the circle on Layout1 , the polygon on Layout2 and the rectangle on Layout3...

Once you have your three layouts, create a viewport in each one with mview command. Then double click over the first viewport and open the layer manager. Scroll over to the right so you see VP Freeze column, check off two of the three layers so they will be frozen only in that viewport. Get out of that viewport, be sure to lock all of them, not necessary for this just a good idea to do. Now go to the next layout and repeat only freezing two layers that will leave a different one showing. Repeat for the last layout.

Thanks now i know :) , but why when i make a change to object in certain viewport, the other object in other viewport would have the same change? I did make the viewport with different layer , and i freeze the other layer when i make a change in certain viewport. It won't work.

Thanks now i know :) , but why when i make a change to object in certain viewport, the other object in other viewport would have the same change? I did make the viewport with different layer , and i freeze the other layer when i make a change in certain viewport. It won't work.

You have to be specific about the type off change you are making. Are you freezing layers, modifying the objects, changing layer colors, just what are you referring to?

Yes i freeze the other layer so it wont get affected , i wanna modify the object like rotating it?

The viewport allows you to view the objects drawn in Model Space. If you draw a square on layer 1 there is only one object so if you rotate it, it will be rotated in any viewport where it shows.

You have layer control over objects per viewport but not editing control.

Maybe you can post an example of what you are trying to achieve.

The viewport allows you to view the objects drawn in Model Space. If you draw a square on layer 1 there is only one object so if you rotate it, it will be rotated in any viewport where it shows.

You have layer control over objects per viewport but not editing control.

Maybe you can post an example of what you are trying to achieve.

So modifying object in certain viewport will surely affect the other viewport because they are using the same object.. so the only solution is changing the view of it (can rotate, etc) by using MVSETUP command :( ..anyway thanks!

So modifying object in certain viewport will surely affect the other viewport because they are using the same object.. so the only solution is changing the view of it (can rotate, etc) by using MVSETUP command :( ..anyway thanks!

Simply rotate the viewport, this works in newer releases.

Also MVSETUP, DVIEW with TWist, or UCS and PLAN. May be others.