ViewPorts

Diesel

Not sure that understand your question – are you talking about terminology or want to assign it an Id to be able to access it later?

There is a way to make a view port and give the view port a name/ title... Just wondering how to do this...

You may just add a text label close to the viewport (above or below); after call the GROUP command and join them together. May also use BLOCK command, but this will not allow you to adjust later the viewport.

I think the user is wanting to use a "named viewport". I don't personally do this so I'm not sure how to do it.

I understand the mater now. Unfortunately I’m not able either to help OP on this.

Just hope that someone with experience on this will notice the thread soon.

What the OP may be thinking of is a named view, which can be associated with a viewport.
:beer:

Bingo Cyber Angel, and that tip should sort the OP out, I just posted an addendum to it at the link.

There are also NAMED VIEWPORTS which can be configured in the VIEWPORTS DIALOG and include 2D or 3D, visual style, etc.

I think those are more for saving favorite configurations and styles, I usually use the VIEW MANAGER.