• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• PALynch30

• luckyvictor

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually you beat him and then defered:D You are so fast it literally took you 2mins to complete something that took me days to accomplish, all joking aside. If you could find 5mins sometime today to make it again I would be very grateful.....:notworthy:

As I may have mentioned elsewhere, if I kept a copy of every drawing that I have downloaded to help someone here I'd literally have a few thousand. I'll see what I can do over the lunch period. In the words of the Terminator...

I'll be back.8)

SurfToSolidrecap.jpg

I’ve been asked by a couple of people to explain how I constructed the 3D solid depicted in post #68 of this thread. Here are the steps I took.

1. Create the two arcs for the base of the object.

2 Using the PressPull command give the object a height of 0.75 as called for in the revised drawing posted by the OP.

Change the orientation of my UCS and draw two lines (shown in yellow). The vertical line in front is 0.25 in height. This is equal to the finished height desired by the OP. Draw an angled line from the top of the short vertical line to the quadrant of the arc at the top rear of the object.

3. Copy the lines from step 2 and the front arc from step 1. I did this primarily so I could visualize what I was going to do next but it is not a necessary step.

4. Sweep the angled line using the arc as my path thus creating a surface.

5. Move this surface back to my 3D solid.

6. Use the Slice command to slice the 3D solid in two. Erase the portion in blue.

7. Final base object.

Creating the two voids in the object was simply a matter of subtracting a solid of the right shape/size from both sides. The object was created once and mirrored. See image in post #71.

This is just one way of doing it. I am not saying this is the best or fastest way to do it. That I leave for the real experts here at CADTutor.

• 1 year later...

I achieved the OP's goal of creating a solid from surfaces enclosing a space by using the 'sculpt' command in autocad 2015.

Edited by Henne