Beams wont show in top view AutoCAD MEP

mileycad

I have drawn some beams as soon as i move them to height of 6m they are now not showing in 'top' view but display fine in all other views including 'bottom' view

please help!!

is there some view variable im missing here???

i just want to see the beams in plan view

thanks in advance

You are running past the CUT PLANE I think. I have been struggling with this for a few days trying to work on the architectural desktop.

Select one of the beams in question, then check in PROPERTIES, on the DISPLAY tab, if there is one, there is likely a setting for CUT PLANES, select NO for that one, and I think you will be okay.

I wish I understood it myself, but that is what I've figured out so far.

no there is not cut plane under properties/display - it has to be a view variable as its not just the beams its everything over a certain height is not showing in the top view so can i not adjust the top views cut plane somehow???

open a new drawing 'beamadd' draw a beam move it up to 6000 and it dissapears in top view??

Open your Display Manager, under Representations by Object, scroll down to "Structural Member" and expand it. Click on Plan. Notice you have "Above Cut Plane" and "Below Cut Plan" visibility controls. Adjust these as needed.

**TIP** If you do this a lot, open your default Aecb Template file and make these adjustments then save, so every time you start a new file you're not toggling these visibility settings.

8)

I do not have "Above Cut Plane" and "Below Cut Plan" visibility controls only the layers to turn on and off - all are on....

I realised by adjusting my cut plane - inthe bottom right of the screen i have managed to get 2 lines showing - although in bottom view the beams still show fine and in 3d but plan/top view i just now have 2 lines.....

any ideas guys??

thanks

I wouldn't adjust the cut plane, this is where you'll find yourself in a world of hurt with visibility control if you're not careful.

Go back to the same area, and turn on all the light bulbs. Also make sure you haven't done an override to the style, nor to the object.

thanks for all your help tried all the above and still no luck - views fine in bottom view and 3d not in plan/top view

any chance i can send the drawing to you? thanks.

Thanks buddy I'll send it over monday when I'm back at work

Many thanks again for your time have a nice weekend

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4989089/Images/cadtutor/2012-05-14/01.png

Look here. Take this step to find out what the current Object Display is. Don't edit anything here as it will be an override and not a global change. The one in "bold" is the current Display.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4989089/Images/cadtutor/2012-05-14/02.png

Now go back to Display Manager and make changes to the correct Display. So I had the wrong Current Display is all.