Midpoint Snap?

D1-Xen

MID is a command modifier and not a command in and of itself.

Do you have Midpoints enabled in your OSnap settings?

For middle of a rectangle you could use another command modifier called MTP or M2P although with Polar Tracking most people don't see the need.

When you say EDGE it makes me think of a 3D Solid, as opposed to a polyline.

Perhaps I am reading into this, but you may not be aware that there is a new 3D OBJECT SNAP function available, as of 2011 I think.

One of the available 3D OBJECT SNAPS is Midpoint On Edge.

Probably the snap I like the most of those new ones is CENTER OF FACE, which is very helpful. :)

Or When a command is already launch ( example when drawing a line ), (shift+right-click) then select midpoint to enable midpoint snapping.

" Hold Shift + Right Click "

Or When a command is already launch ( example when drawing a line ), (shift+right-click) then select midpoint to enable midpoint snapping.

" Hold Shift + Right Click "

This is how you would activate a TEMPORARY SNAP, for instance if your osnaps were turned off, and you were in the middle of a command, as Xyclo stated.

The image in my previous message displays where you would set your RUNNING SNAPS, meaning you want to leave certain snaps on while you work, so that they are available without added input.

Enter OSNAP at your commandline, and you will see all of the available running OSNAP settings.

Yup! Got it snapping for mid-point.

Now, I can't seems to snap for mid-point of circles. As in, I tried to copy paste and alight circles. But the cursor always on the corner and does not snap on to the tangent of the circuit. Any hints?

I tried drawing a tangent construction line, but does not snap on the circuit edge either...

Capture.jpg

The MIDPOINT of a circle is called the CENTER.

The QUADRANTS of a circle are the points at 12, 3, 6 & 9 o'clock.

If you have not yet investigated them, then you should probably look into POLAR TRACKING options as they apply to SNAPS.

polar tracking.JPG

The MIDPOINT of a circle is called the CENTER.

The QUADRANTS of a circle are the points at 12, 3, 6 & 9 o'clock.

If you have not yet investigated them, then you should probably look into POLAR TRACKING options as they apply to SNAPS.

Perfect. Thank you. Thread solved.