Dynamic Blocks & Data Extraction

CADadam

Hi there,

I have a query, I'm creating Dynamic Blocks with a variety of different states for use in Mechanical drawings. At the moment I'm working on diffuser components.

I was wondering if it is possible to give Dynamic Blocks (or even normal blocks) additional attributes that can then by extracted using the Data Extraction tool for drawing scheduling purposes.

So for example, say I have three different components that are visually identical, but have different insulation thickness's. Is it possible to create an attribute that is just a textual value for these 3 different components? Which would then differentiate them when scheduled using Data Extraction?

Any help would be appreciated, fyi I'm using AutoCAD 2010, but will be upgrading to 2012 in the immediate future.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. :)

Data extraction is a great tool, it can be configured in so many ways, takes a couple minutes to set up, but once you have it how you want it, fantastic.

You need to really look through the 8 or so pages of setup dialogs to get it how it will work best for your application.

Certainly if you were using non-dynamic blocks you could do it. Perhaps by giving each a suffix, such as A, B, C after the root block name.

I imagine that it could be done with dynamic blocks too, but I am not familiar enough with creating them to advise you on that.