Range Hood placement

CADLee

Can someone help me and tell me what I need to do to place a range hood in the Kitchen. I tried in the first floor plan view and it gives me an error. Then I tried placing it in the interior elevation and it wont let me there either.

I am thinking maybe it has to do with the height off the floor or something, but cant seem to find where or how to do that. I looked everywhere I can think of.

Can someone maybe help me with this please

Thank You.

Did you download the hood from the mfg as a block?

If the software is smart enough to know how high the range hood needs to be, that may be it. However, I doubt if that restriction is hidden in vanila Autocad, maybe in Architecture.

Anyhow, the hood has to be from 26" to 34" above the range top. Most cabinets are 30" above, so it can be flush with the bottom of the cabinets.

Do you have side clearance for the hood?

This is the Revit forum. I understand the confusion because CADLee's profile says he's using AutoCAD 2010.

CADLee, there are so many variables that could be in play here that I can't even hazard a guess. Can you provide more information about what kind of error you are getting?

I am Sorry Yall. I am using REVIT Architecture 2012. I got the Range Hood from Autodesk Seek. That is the program I am having the problem with right now.

Here is what I am getting when I insert it.... WARNING None of the created elements are visible in the FLoorPlan: First Floor View. You may want to check the active view, parameters, and visibilty settings. As well as any Plan Regions and their settings.

What it says about the visibility, does this mean that I am going to have to maybe remove the cabinet that the Range Hood goes under so the range hood will be visible when I go to place it.

Thank you again.

As the warning states, there are a lot of possibilitys. One thing to note is that for every time you tried inserting it and got that message there is a hood in the model, unless you undid your insert. Have you checked everything mentioned in the warning? Most likely problem is the elevation that you are inserting it at. Some families will default to a 0 elevation and, depending on your view range, will not be visible at 0. It could be that your V/G settings aren't allowing you to see it. Turn on everything in the model and see if it shows up. Are you using worksets? If so, check to make sure those settings are correct and that you are in the correct one when inserting.

I am Sorry Yall. I am using REVIT Architecture 2012. I got the Range Hood from Autodesk Seek. That is the program I am having the problem with right now.

Here is what I am getting when I insert it.... WARNING None of the created elements are visible in the FLoorPlan: First Floor View. You may want to check the active view, parameters, and visibilty settings. As well as any Plan Regions and their settings.

What it says about the visibility, does this mean that I am going to have to maybe remove the cabinet that the Range Hood goes under so the range hood will be visible when I go to place it.

Thank you again.

OK, that leaves me out. My only experience with Revit was not being able to get the trial version past freezing on opening a project for the entire month I had it.

Thank Y'all for the help Rob. it was the Visibility Range. It was set at 4'-0" and the the bottom of the range had to be at 5'-9". So that was my problem why it would not show up on the first floor planview. Also like a dummy without being able to see it, I was also trying to install a 40" Hood in a 30"space. I measured it and knew it was supposed to be 30", but without seeing it because of the visibilty range being 2' to low, that might be why esle I was getting the Warning message.

Made the changes and all worked out well.

By the way, it was the house in the book for REVIT Architecture 2012 by Daniel John Stine. Very good book and explains almost all the program pretty good for those who are having problems and need help.

Thanks again for the help.