Convert to PDF

chirstyrios89

Hello everyone,

I have this huge dwg file. Every time I try to use the print to PDF option my image is completely distorted when it is converted to PDF. All of the detail in the image becomes big solid black lines. Is there a way that I can convert the dwg file into a pdf file without distorting the image.

Thank you,

Christina

No lineweights are turned off. The image looks great in autocad. it is when I convert it to PDF tht it is distorted and when i zoom in all the details are blurred

Can you provide us with any further details about the drawing, what your plot parameters are, sheet size, etc?

Christina,

I have seen what you are describing - especially on really big dwg's or dwgs with big .tiff images in the background.

What converter are you using? (dwg-to-pdf? adobe? cute?)

I have found trying some different converters CAN work.

I even goofed once and found that printing to a printer (8x11 or 11x17) then 'printing' to the pdf worked. Not sure why.

Good luck.

I have plotted this image in a plotter and in order for the image to appear and not be distorted had to divide it into two sections each 144" by 36". I am new to autocad therefore I am unfamiliar as to if scaling the image down will help me to print the image to pdf without distorting it. I have tried using the CUTE PDF, the PDFill PDF & Image writer as well as the export to PDF option.

Have you tried selecting the 'dwg to pdf' option in the printer selection window?

Can you provide any additional info about the file? Why is it so large? Image background? Tons of points?

Have you tried 'purge' to relieve any extraneous stuff?