2D section on Autocad MEP

myself

im trying to create a 2D section on Autocad MEP , but the problem now is that all elements are shown, when what i want is a section that shows only what you can see and hides the elements behind others. Basically its the difference between 2D wireframe and Hidden lines but on a section....

Does anyone know which variable controls this, or option that i could change?

Sounds like SectionPlane to me. Of course that's how it is referred to in plain AutoCAD. Not sure about MEP.

i'm not sure, this problem happened only after installing the 2013, on 2012 a section showed only what was visible and pipes and ducts cutted filled with a magenta hatch.. thats why i believe this is controled for some variable, i tried different display sets, but the final result is always different from the previous i had on 2012...

Can you explain how you are creating your sections? Which tool are you using? And any other detailed method or procedure you are using.

@ReMark, AutoCAD MEP has it's own sectioning tools that are specific to AEC Objects. Just FYI for future knowledge, usually people asking about Sections in MEP are using these tools.

:)

im using the vertical section command, and the only issue is that i just wanna see what is visible and not what is behind the pipes and ducts that come first from that point of view....

Of course it would operate differently. Isn't that how AutoDesk gets you to upgrade? LoL

Thanks for the "heads up" StyKmaN.

I recreated one with no problem. Starting with the default Aecb Template, I added some duct and pipe. I used the Vertical Section tool, the generated a section. I used the 2D Section/Elevation Object with Hidden Line Removal, and used the MEP Section & Elevation Display Set. Can you try these same steps and see what you come up with?

Are you trying with 2013 version, because that might be the problem... i'm doing the exact same thing as i did last week with 2012 and now it just doesnt work, it creates the section with hidden lines.... i've also tried on a new file using the template you mentioned , this is quite annoying when you are trying to create sections along a technical corridor.

Thanks a lot "hoss", god bless your soul.... it was exactly that the cause of my problems and with that file everything is working fine ;) i just cant understand why they realease a new version with an error so visible like that...