VARIABLE text size autocad 2012

Efeezy

Hello Everyone:

Is there a way to have VARIABLE text size AND BLOCK SIZE autocad 2012, for different scales sizes? To sum it up I am running 1/8th scale on some of the pages in the set with a 1/4 blow up section. I use addressable devices so it is a lot of work to change all the text Is there anything that will auto-update the text size per scale with out having to go through my drawing and repeat all the text and VPfreeze it?

Thank you for your time,

Efeezy

Edited by Efeezy

You threw me off a bit with the "addressable devices" thing, but Text, dimensions, blocks, and hatches can all be "Annotative", which means they're automatically scaled relative to the viewport scale.

Nestly:

I am totally lost on this one. I so when I click on my view port, in the properties there is Annotative and standard scale. right now they are both set to 1/4"=1'-0". I would like my text and blocks at 1/2 that size so at 1/8"=1'-0 scale. Now if I change my view port Annotative or standard it from 1/4"=1'-0" it changes the whole view port 1/8 scale. So how do I make the changes like you are talking about? this is all new to me.

Thank you for your time,

Efeezy

Yes, all the blocks and text are all the same size. The text is at 11" in model space. SO at at 1/8 scale it is 1/8 text. I would like the text to be at 1/8" high when I am 1/4 scale.

Annotative Text.PNG

So you are familiar with this dialog box and the fact that you can select the annotative scale(s) you'll be using in your drawing?

Are you also familiar with a paper space layout and the use of viewports?

found it I will have to try it out now:

Ribbon: Annotate tabAnnotation Scaling panelAdd/Delete Scales

Menu: ModifyAnnotative Object ScaleAdd/Delete Scales

Maybe you should stop for a moment.

Annotative scaling of blocks, hatch patterns, text and dimensions will only be of benefit if you are going to be utilizing a paper space layout and one or more viewports.

Viewports are windows that allow us to see back into model space to view the objects we have created. Those objects should always be drawn FULL size no matter how small or large. That applies whether you are drawing a paper clip or an F-22 fighter jet.

Objects in model space are not "drawn to scale" as one would do manually on a drafting board. How then do we obtain a "scaled" plot? We assign a scale to a viewport. AutoCAD allows up to a max of 64 viewports per layout. Each of those viewports can have a different scale yet, when it comes time to print, we do so at a scale of 1:1 from paper space. AutoCAD handles the scaling of each viewport automatically based upon what scale has been assigned to it.

Might I suggest you take a look at the tutorial here at CADTutor about Paper Space before going any further? See this...http://www.cadtutor.net/tutorials/autocad/paper-space-exercise.php

While you're at it this might help too. Re: annotative scaling

http://www.cadalyst.com/cad/autocad/awesome-annotation-scaling-circles-and-lines-autocad-tutorial-6113

With annotative text, you set the paper height to 1/8" and the text will always be 1/8" high on paper, regardless of your viewport scale. No more messing around with scale factors.

Here's a quick demo for annotative text

and then one I found on youtube for annotative dimensions...

If already drawn you have SCALETEXT command

Also select a text object and right-click SELECT SIMILAR and change the text height for all or Qselect if you want to filter more.