Plotting to a searchable text PDF

CLN47

I have been asked to plot my drawings to "PDF's that retain the text (as text) from the original design application. And then when the PDF is opened they can do a serach for a specific text"

I have no idea how to do this and all my googling and serching has come up with nothing helpful. So I come here to beg for help if this is at all possible. :cry:

I found that while googling, it didn't help at all. I don't have the option under "tools". Don't know if it's the version i have (Adobe Acrobat 8 Standard) or what.

SLW210 - I have tried that also and I get the following error message -

Acrobat could not perform recognition (OCR) on this page because:

The resolution of this page image is below the minimum of 72 dpi

You need to get the resolution higher. Try plotting to JPG from AutoCAD then convert the JPG to PDF, then see if the OCR will work.

You could try an online converter SEE THIS.

When I use "DWG TO PDF" in AutoCAD LT 2010 it works fine for me. I can search the text in Adobe Reader. I'm not sure if AutoCAD 2007 has that print driver, though.

When I use "DWG TO PDF" in AutoCAD LT 2010 it works fine for me. I can search the text in Adobe Reader. I'm not sure if AutoCAD 2007 has that print driver, though.

It doesn't recognize attributes, text in a block or dimensions.

SLW210, do you mean that ACAD2007 doesn't recognize attributes, etc.?

When I plot my (ACADLT 2010) drawings to PDF, then I can search text, dimensions, title block attributes. It's kind of strange though. I tried just now with an external drawing, plotted it to PDF, and I can't search anything in this drawing with Adobe Reader.

SLW210, do you mean that ACAD2007 doesn't recognize attributes, etc.?

When I plot my (ACADLT 2010) drawings to PDF, then I can search text, dimensions, title block attributes. It's kind of strange though. I tried just now with an external drawing, plotted it to PDF, and I can't search anything in this drawing with Adobe Reader.

No clue about 2007, I am using 2011. I just checked and only MTEXT is searchable.