Link Shift? Wires Expand as an object moves

The headline is very self explanatory... I was wondering, since I am drawing a lot of circuit stuffs, whenever I am moving an inverter or module shape around, I always have to either shift those wires or extend them to some extent.

I was wondering, like Google SketchUp, can AutoCAD have a follow extension mechanism for a fix point with an fix object?

I would love so that only one wires extends. So I am just looking at a linear expansion for now. I am not looking for complex 3D expansion... I just want 90° lines to extend:

Capture.PNG

I use STRETCH but am also looking at geometric constraints (both mentioned elsewhere). The other alternative if you do a LOT of circuits is to look into using AutoCAD Electrical. It has a steep learning curve and promises much which is too difficult to obtain but you can just pick up your device and watch the wires repaor themselves, then drop it elsewhere and all the connections are remade.

Try STRETCH use window right to left will work exactly for a inverter unit as shown above.

Genius command! Command: STRETCH it is! Thanks BIGAL. Case closed.

I use STRETCH but am also looking at geometric constraints.....

Before you close the case - look at geometric constraints as suggested. On the Parametrics tab.

Geometry constraints are perfect for this sort of thing.

I agree with Dave. If electrical schematics comprise the bulk of your work then you should look into AutoCAD Electrical. And if you do switch, take a 3-day training class at least so you get the most out of the program in the least amount of time otherwise you'll struggle to use it to even a fraction of its potential.

Genius command! Command: STRETCH it is! Thanks BIGAL. Case closed.

I just tried the STRETCH command again. But sometimes it works, sometimes it just moves my selected objects along the line... What did I do wrong?

Select Ojects > STRETCH > Left Click > Specific base point > ???

I get movement object instead. I got it right the first time, but I cannot get it right again. Help?

This is in reference to re-try stretching those wire for my picture above (inverter + wires).

Along BIGAL's suggestion, please check also the solutions from this previous discussion.

No problem drawing rectangles and stretching them. I got the lines to follow. Great tutorial. But when it comes to wires, it does not work.

you must select from right to left to get a crossing selection. If you select from left to right you only stretch the things contained entirely within the window. Is that how you are doing it?

you must select from right to left to get a crossing selection. If you select from left to right you only stretch the things contained entirely within the window. Is that how you are doing it?

Yeah, it seems to be the problem.

I noticed that it won't stretch if I just move the inverter to the far right first then stretch the wires. I got the select the inverter + the wires to make it work. Thanks for pointing that out.