Poor Revit walkthroughs and memory usage

hyposmurf

I've been trying again and again with this feature in Revit and each PC I've used starts to run out of memory (16GB).The walkthroughs are set up, defined the path checked all the keyframes,but the final part just seems useless if you want a decent rendered walkthrough.Ive tried lots of settings such as:

Changing the frames a second from 20 up to 30/sec

Changing the total frames from 300 up to 900

Changing the speed of the frames from 1 to 0.1

Also if export the walkthrough using shaded with edges, all the edges just distort in the avi file,no matter what setting I check.

To be honest I've almost given up with Revit for walkthroughs and am looking to possibly use 3D Max.Is there anything I should try before going the 3D Max route?

I haven't used walkthroughs but I'm pretty sure the changes you mentioned will increase memory usage. Shouldn't you be decreasing those settings in order to use less memory?

I haven't used walkthroughs but I'm pretty sure the changes you mentioned will increase memory usage. Shouldn't you be decreasing those settings in order to use less memory?

Yes.

(10 character post limit)