• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bothal08

• ReMark

• nestly

• Dadgad

Ok shweet ill have a look at the link 2moro its late already...andyet another question...for some reason when I'm doing my dimensions its not showing values only the lines are projecting out but no dimensions are showing why is this happening?? And anyone got a modern cad library for me...maybe like some architectural stuff would be appreciated

My guess is the height of your text is set so low in your Dimension Style that it does not show up. I'll bet your arrowheads don't show up either.

Modern CAD library of architectural stuff? Like what? There are free CAD blocks all over the Internet. You just have to spend a little time conducting a search.

ahhh thanks i figured out how to change the dimension size:thumbsup:...ok ill look around i managed to get one which isnt too bad its just a bit old

i got it from my schools cad (2009 i think)....well its got like foundations furniture kitchen bathroom all the house stuff

Architectural related blocks can be downloaded, for free, from the websites of many manufacturers. For example one can get bathroom fixtures from the American Standard website and windows from the Marvin Windows and Doors website just to name a couple. Additionally blocks of all types can be downloaded for free from websites such CadCorner, CADforum, Draftsperson.net and the CAD Block Exchange Network. There are countless number of places where blocks can be found you just have to have the desire, the time and the patience to search them out. We aren't going to hand you everything on a silver platter here. Know what I mean?

yeah i get it...thanks ill get looking...i managed to finish the section through my roof was a mission but the offset ability helps allot with the rafters im having fun using all these tools

ahh bleak there aint a part of my project in 3D...theres a perspective that i have to do for the next section but that might be a little tough because i have no idea how to do that on CAD so will probably do it in pencil

Pencil? No way! Come here when you get to that part of the project. There are plenty of knowledgeable AutoCAD users here that can help you to construct a house in 3D. You'll be the talk of your class too!

yeah i do a subject called engineering graphics and design im in my matric year(12)...and we right our national exams in pencil my school is just fortunate to have CAD and then i got it via autodesk so thats what we doing our projects on but our teacher has minimal knowledge on CAD so we have to "teach" ourselves

Well you're doing a pretty good job already learning AutoCAD. Maybe the school will ask you to be the new CAD teacher!

haha nope i dnt wanna be a teacher...in south africa teachers get poor salaries its quite bad...but its not my passion to be a teacher so ill give it the skip haha