Rim section - autocad 2D

allah

Hello,

Can someone share with me an file compatible with autocad 2004 that has a rim section in autocad?

Like this: http://www.mgexperience.net/article/images/wheel_dims.gif

But I need it in autocad.

Or maybe can someone very nice make it for me? It will take you guys just a couple of minutes.

I have the diameter of the rim 17", and the rim width 255mm.

That's all the particular lenghts that needs to be in my rim section.

Thank you very much!

Looks fairly straightforward to me. Why don't you give it a try. If you run into a problem post a question and we'll do our best to assist you. There have been a handful of threads here about this topic (search for rim, wheel or tires) that you may wish to take a look at.

Well isn't it time you learned? What's the sense of having AutoCAD in the first place then?

Did you find and look at some of the other threads?

I need it for an demand that is was made to me, something like an homework. I've searched but I found espacially rims in 3d. I need just an simple 2d rim section. Thanks.

If it is just a simple rim section you need how tough can that be to create? A few lines and arcs and you're done. At least try.

2D_Rim.PNG

Would something like this do?

Caveat: It is a very rough drawing created by tracing over an image using the polyline command. I did not bother to even do any curve fitting.

Limited time offer. Take it or leave it.

I'll give you 15 minutes to respond from the time this is posted. The clock starts now. GO!

What both files? I see only wheel.zip And if I unzip it, it gives an error (could not open this archive). Thanks.

I see rkm has posted a zip file so there is no need for me to do so. You should still try your hand at learning AutoCAD...someday.

Rkm, it works now, but at the one from yours I see only an box in the wheel autocad document (.dwg). I thanks you anyway