Delete "Section" of a drawing from single COMMAND

D1-Xen

A very general question, I would like to ask how to draw a certain line and be able to delete part of it.

Example 1: I would like to draw a bunch of seried resistors, so I made a bunch of rectangles and draw a wire across them. But there are wire crossing through each one of them, how do I remove/erase that part in between each of the resistor? The line is made by using command: LINE

Example 2: Drawing some polygon and random shapes. Simplest example, drawing a half circle, so I draw a circle and want to remove the other half, how do I do it?

Yes, I know in example 1 I can do one object first then copy paste... But that is not what I am asking. I am seeking the command how to remove the lines or object in between.

TRIM

In the first example, I would use blocks that represent the resistors, but TRIM for a more manual approach ... also AutoMatic Block Break

In the 2nd example. draw a line between the quadrants and TRIM whichever side you don't want.

TRIM.gif

You might be able to find other lisp routines that could edit out the portion of the line that passes through the rectangles. Or, as nestly suggested, create a block for each resistor and use the Automatic Block Break lisp routine.

TRIM

In the first example, I would use blocks that represent the resistors, but TRIM for a more manual approach ... also AutoMatic Block Break

In the 2nd example. draw a line between the quadrants and TRIM whichever side you don't want.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34890[/ATTACH]

Perfect, thank you.