Raster images display

luppolo

Hi.

I'm wondering if autocad 2012 allows to display a raster image while is moved. I mean the content of the image, not the frame only....

Thanks in advance...

Welcome to Cad Tutor.

I believe you want to consider this setting. RTDISPLAY > 0 :)

Enter RTDISPLAY at the commandline and then change the value to 0.

rtdisplay.JPG

Many Thanks.

But it's not working in autocad 2012 (Autocad Map)..Both values allow to display the frame only! It seems to me this is reffered only to Realtime ZOOM and PAN..I need to see the image shile I'm moving it from a point to another..

Many Thanks.

But it's not working in autocad 2012 (Autocad Map)..Both values allow to display the frame only! It seems to me this is reffered only to Realtime ZOOM and PAN..I need to see the image shile I'm moving it from a point to another..

Sorry that didn't help you. Here are all of the system variables which begin with RASTER, I looked at them, and don't believe that they will help you either.

available raster system variables.jpg

Yes..I agree.. Thanks in any case..

I believe this option was avalible in older autocad versions...(but not so sure..!)

Thanks Blackfish. I guessed your suggestion was what I'm looking fo,r but, unfortunateley, after deactivating the option "Higlight raster image frame only", the result doesn't change... While moving or rotating the image, the frame only is displayed... :(

-

I have tried it and you right... it's odd.

However if you want to see an image while moving is to follow certain points in the image, I mean to know where to move the image or use as a refence with scale my solutions is to draw reference (control) points or line over the image and move, rotate or scale them together with the image. You will see all AutoCAD elements and the frame of the image.

I hope it will help you :)

Edited by Blackfish

Yes....This is the walking around I'm using.. Nevertheless, It's quite ridicolous Autocad doesn't let to display an image while you are scaling, moving or rotating it...

It's also true that there are things worse than this in the life.. Thanks...

O Luppolo, sei italiano?

E' normale che tu non veda il contenuto dell'immagine mentre la sposti in tempo reale, proprio perche' Autocad non e' un editor raster, bensi' vettoriale...

smile.gif

Edited by Emigrato

• 5 months later...
try imageframe this will help

It doesn't matter, sir.

My compatriot wants only to see the image content when dragging it, and none of Imageframe options allows that...

smile.gif