Quick way to measure a right angle described by two points?

Hi,

I am doing takeoffs from a CAD drawing. Without getting too deep into it, I have one origin point, and then I have 200 or so points around the origin. I'm trying to find the fastest way to get the X offset, and the Y offset between each point and the origin.

Right now I'm drawing two lines to connect each point to the origin, then using PROPERTIES on the lines where they meet to get each length - I need to be able to see the numbers on the screen for a second while I copy them into a database. But I'm wondering if it would be easier to write a script, or if there happens to be a tool that could do this with fewer clicks. Any ideas? Thank you!

Bret

How about this:

1. saveas the drawing to a new named file, such as "working for coordinates"? - Do not move points when in the original file!

2. select all points and move such that your 'base' point is at 0,0 (at the origin)

3. select all points and 'list' them (when you list the properties of each point, its X= and Y= will correspond to its relative distance from the origin (or base point, in this case).

4. press F2 for a window showing your list

5. copy-paste from the window to word and winnow out all of the data that is not x and y.

Does that about do it?

Seems to me that ordinate dimensioning would do what you want. At least it would a little easier to work with than drawing lines and looking at properties.