Issues with PLOTTING

Undaground_King

Hi Guys,

Im plotting a few drawings I've been working on. I want to plot with Cutepdf, but when I do I only get around half of the drawing and the rest is left as just white space. I've tried changing orientation of plot but doesnt help. Im plotting a custom page setup 2260 x 850 mm. This did however plot using Adobe to plot, but I'm curious as why it didnt with CutePDF.

Also when I plot, the pdf's come out sort of wierd. The colours arnt exactly "solid". They have lines all through them that look very messy. They print fine but presenting the PDF to clients doesnt look good at all. Is there anyway I can rectify this?

And the pdf's I produce also have messed up letters. Especially I's and L's. They're sort of elongated on the bottom part, again It seems to print fine but look horrible on PDF's. Ive included a pic of what I mean. I hope it helps.

PDF.png

Have you tried the DWG to PDF.pc3 plotter in AutoCAD? What about Export to PDF?

Can you post the PDF and a Drawing file?

Yes I've tried them but I get the same result. I cant upload the files as they exceed the 500kb limit.

Its like the plot is oriented the wrong way. In AutoCad I've drawn it as it should be. but when I plot its like I've drawn a landscape drawing on a portrait page ( not sure if this makes sense) so it just cuts off and leaves the rest of paper white below.nit cant plot more to the right of the cutoff as the page cuts off. But if I change to portrait on plot it does the same thing but leaves white above the page. So to me it seems like AutoCad thinks I've set the width to 850mm where I really have set it to 2260mm. Hope it makes sense. And any clue on the colours and font? The pic I posted in the above post shows the font and colours

First time using Purge. If I click remove all items not used, am i right in thinking it will not change anything on the drawing at all?

I've made 4 documents that are all related, so I've copied and pasted items from other drawings to a complete drawing but some blocks are used in multiple drawings but not in others. I dont want to purge an item to later find it has altered the drawing I purged it from or another drawing which I have used parts of.

Autocad File is 8.86 MB and PDF is 2.84 MB

Make a copy of the drawing. Delete everything except what you have shown in the posted image.

Use -PURGE (notice the - in front) and Purge Regapps, Zero length lines, Empty Text and then All.

Everything looks good on my end. Maybe someone else can check them out for you. Maybe try a different font if possible.