AC LT 2012 and the Android AW app

netman

I am looking at using an Android Tablet . They tell me that there is an app for AC called Auto CAD AW . I just do not know what it does???

I want to be able to pull up a drawing in PDF ( my drawing of their gear ) and write on it with that heat seeking stylus...in other words do what I can do in PDF or PAINT format. I then want to email it directly to the customer without me having to use the computer to send to their computer and then make them wait until they are back in the office to look at it.

I want to be able to draw on an AC PDF file and EMAIL it directly into the field , to the customer's cell phone.

So with that said, what is this AW app and can anyone tell me if they have used it and what success they have had.

Many thanks again.

No, I have not bought anything yet and I am not that savvy about these things anyway. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Edited by netman

I am not sure what an AutoCAD app would have to do with editing PDFs on an Android.

AutoCAD WS is the app you seek, but it would have nothing to do with editing PDFs. Autodesk Buzzsaw Mobile will let you view DWFs.

You need an Adobe PDF app not an AutoCAD app.

Like SLW said, Autocad WS is not what you are looking for, plus you can't start a new DWG in the app, only edit existing DWGs.

I would look at apps like Skitch (from google, free) or Adobe Ideas (from Adobe, free). Since they're free it's better that you download them and give them a try than I try and explain them.

Edit: I know that Skitch is available both on Android and iOS but I can only promise that Adobe Ideas is available on iOS.