Hide lines partially

Hi there,

I am using acad2010, with medium experties. I want to hide some part of lines so as to indicate the part is behind some object. I dont want to break the line as I need to creat separate sketches for the same, or needs to list for the properties.

Refer attached drawing, fig 1 shows the actual model and fig 2 shows how I required when i print it.

Thanks a lot..!

fig.jpg

You may try to use a WIPEOUT entity and play with the draw order of items you need to preserve visible (bring them to front). May be also useful to do a search on Forum before deciding to use this solution, since I remember that there were a few threads related to issues encountered when users were plotting drawings with wipeouts.

I agree with MSasu, except I find Sold Hatches (color 255,255,255) are easier to work with, and print more reliably than wipeouts. I put the hatches on their own layer which I name "Wipeout" so they can easily be turned ON/OFF

Wipeout.gif

If your drawing is something like a bar joist truss where there are many of the same part, you can make the parts blocks and include the wipeouts (solid hatches) in the block definitions. You then set the draw order for the wipeouts inside the block, instead of doing it many times in the drawing.

Great tip nestly, thanks a lot for that.

I never realised i could get white (255,255,255) to print as white. Is that setup through the .CTB file?

Cheers.