HELP....I got a layer I cant delete!!

Currahee

In this particular drawing I have a layer I can see in my Layers Properties Manager but I cannot find in my drawing and it will not let me remove it.

this is a record of what I have just done:

Command: PURGE

Purged *D19.

Purged *D27.

Purged *D32.

Purged _None.

Command: *Cancel*

Command:

Regenerating layout.

Regenerating model - caching viewports.

Command:

Regenerating model - caching viewports.

Command: SELECT

Select objects: ALL

1 found

1 was not in current space.

Select objects: *Cancel*

Command:

Restoring cached viewports - Regenerating layout.

1 found

Command:

1 found

Command: E

ERASE

1 found

Command:

ERASE

1 found

Command:

Restoring cached viewports.

ERASE

1 found

What else can I do to erase this?

are you sure you are not just selecting & ? I see nothing above refering to layers. What is the layer name you can't delete?

are you sure you are not just selecting & ? I see nothing above refering to layers. What is the layer name you can't delete?

well it keeps telling me that its in a different space or view so i am switching to all viewports and all spaces but cannot find anything. I have turned all layers off except for the "border" (the one i am trying to delete) and trying to erase all but cant

AutoCAD 2012 - Format > Layer Tools > Layer Delete.

Command line: LAYDEL

its asking for object on layer...thats the problem ...cant find one

Do you even know the layer you are trying to delete?

If you do, draw a single line on that layer. Run LAYDEL again and when prompted to pick an object on the target layer pick the line you just drew. The layer you delete cannot be the Current layer you are in. Got all that?

Do you even know the layer you are trying to delete?

If you do, draw a single line on that layer. Run LAYDEL again and when prompted to pick an object on the target layer pick the line you just drew. The layer you delete cannot be the Current layer you are in. Got all that?

its the "Border" layer that was brought over from another drawing

Then it should be no problem right?

If I have to drive down to Georgia to do this for you... first, I'm going to have to charge you for the gas and second, I'm going to drink all your beer!

If I have to drive down to Georgia to do this for you... first, I'm going to have to charge you for the gas and second, I'm going to drink all your beer!

I aint paying for the gas but I will pay you with Heineken..LOL

I'm just finishing up now. See you in 18 hours....maybe less if I travel through time.

Do we have success?

5 more minutes then I'm out of here. Make it fast.

Alright I got it...it was nestled with-in that 3D tab...I deleted that 3D tab and was able to delete the "border" layer. I then recreated the 3D tab with the viewport on the "0" layer

Alright I got it...it was nestled with-in that 3D tab...I deleted that 3D tab and was able to delete the "border" layer. I then recreated the 3D tab with the viewport on the "0" layer

There is an easy way to do it. LAYMRG will take anything which is on the offending layer and merge it onto another layer of your choosing, perhaps the 0 layer, and then it will delete the layer from which it came.

In order to make it easy you can use the NAME selection option, so you don't need to find or create an object on that layer in order to identify it.

It is not perfect, it is a work around, but it will get rid of the offending layer with a minimum of muss and fuss. :)

And it always works.

There is an easy way to do it. LAYMRG will take anything which is on the offending layer and merge it onto another layer of your choosing, perhaps the 0 layer, and then it will delete the layer from which it came.

In order to make it easy you can use the NAME selection option, so you don't need to find or create an object on that layer in order to identify it.

It is not perfect, it is a work around, but it will get rid of the offending layer with a minimum of muss and fuss. :)

And it always works.

Where were you at yesterday..LOL

Where were you at yesterday..LOL

ReMark knows this one too, I've posted it enough times, he was just trying to grind you for some beers! :beer: