isometric dimensioning

I need a little help. For the first time in several years I need to dimension an isometric piping drawing. How do I set the dimension style to correctly align the dimension and the text and then how do I apply it to the drawing. The last time I did this was using Autocad 2002 and I am now using Autocad 2010. I seem to remember using aligned dimension which was then somehow rotated into position but the old grey cells just won't shake the info into place.

Definitely getting frustrated. icon8.gif

I need a little help. For the first time in several years I need to dimension an isometric piping drawing. How do I set the dimension style to correctly align the dimension and the text and then how do I apply it to the drawing. The last time I did this was using Autocad 2002 and I am now using Autocad 2010. I seem to remember using aligned dimension which was then somehow rotated into position but the old grey cells just won't shake the info into place.

Definitely getting frustrated. icon8.gif

Don'tcha have to be in one of the 3D Isometric View's to get them to work?

Don't know about the need to be in 3D isometric views but no doubt I will learn eventually.

The link to the cad tutor.net was very useful and informative so thanks for that.

The link to cadnotes.com however is not quite so just yet. My computer can't open the file so can you give me a bit of info on what software I am likely to need. The file name has no extension and having tried autocad, word and notepad I have not had any success.

You should be able to open the link to cadnotes.com without any "special" software. Try again.

I'm assuming you are doing this all in 2D right?

I can't get at the cad-notes link because the company security system is blocking it. There is probably a word in there it doesn't like, you know what these IT policemen are like.

Not to worry, the link I got off Dadgad is working for me so I should be OK.

Thanks..