Need help plotting to ISO A1 size .pdf

uplift

Hello all,

New AutoCAD user (LT 2013 on a mac). I want to plot (print, publish, etc.) my drawing on an ISO A1 size sheet, which is output on a 24 inch roll of paper at my local blueprint shop. I have been using SketchUp very successfully; I email a .pdf to the print shop and they print it with no issues.

I want a proper drawing with title block. I have exported to .pdf from AutoCAD model space and it works OK (not great), but this is not what I want.

- I don't have a large format printer at the office, and the one printer I do have isn't capable of larger than legal (8.5" x 14")

- Do I need an A1 drawing template? If so, how/where do I find this?

- Do I need to install a virtual .pdf plotter? I looked at Cute and I didn't see a mac OS version.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

You can create a plot file this is dragged and dropped onto the printer so it must be for the correct printer and it will be a true A1.

Most large scale plotters recognise either postcript or HPGL2 so you would need to download a driver from say HP.

Re A1 two ways either set up a layout tab with title block A1 at 1:1 scale use viewports to scale modelspace object plot at 1:1 recommend this method. Other way is rescale a A1 title block in Model space to a correct scale so it covers your model space object and plot at this scale.

If you plot a pdf at say A3 well this is a half scale of a A1 we go the other way draw at A1 but plot A3's 1:2. The mac should have a pdf at A3 ?