Urgent scale problems

I don't understand why you multiplied by 1000 when in a previous post someone suggested multiplying by 100.

Because the drawing is in meters (when you measure height of a bolard it's 1.1 and should be 1100 , so to get 1:1 in mm it needs to be multiplied by 1000.

Regarding to layouts I thought that the last one VIEWPOERTS is the main one, where you have everything on one sheet, that's why there is such many scales and viewports.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ara09lf

• ReMark

• Blackfish

• Tiger

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Either draw in meters or in millimeters, like ReMark said, we (and your teacher) can't know what is what. I at least have no idea what the objects that you have drawn are so I can't recommend if meters or millimeters is the best.

I have drawn most of my career in millimeters and just recently switched (along with the entire office, hilarity ensued) over to meters so I know your pains with the scaling in the viewports.

I gave an example previously about what scale you should have on your viewports if you draw in meters in Model Space. Here's how to calculate that on your own: If you want the scale to be 1:10 when all is done, then the scale you set on the viewport is 1000 x (1/10) = 1000/10 = 100/1. You multiply it always by 1000 to overcome the difference between model space (meters) and paper space (millimeters). So the scale 1:200 becomes 1000 x (1/200) = 1000/200 = 1/0.2 .

If you draw in millimeters in Model Space, the last paragraph doesn't apply, just set your scale on the viewport to the correct scale.

Blackfish: Yes, the mis-named layout, Viewpoerts, is the main one. I realize that there has to be many viewports that have different scales. My point was none of the scales currently in use make any sense. For example, three randomly picked viewports have scales of 85.03, 503.20 and 62.56. Does that make sense to you? When was the last time you submitted a drawing to a client or for a school assignment that had such scales? The drawing should be done correctly or not done at all.

ara: It appears you have "constraints" applied to many (799 to be exact) of your model space objects. Was that intentional?

ara: You have 18 duplicate lines and 69 lines that overlap in some fashion in your drawing. The only way to clean this up would be to run the OVERKILL command found in Express Tools. Having duplicate and overlapping lines is not good technique.

ara: You have constraints applied in your paper space layout (Viewpoerts) which should not be there. Delete them.

Edited by ReMark

Blackfish: Yes, the mis-named layout, Viewpoerts, is the main one. I realize that there has to be many viewports that have different scales. My point was none of the scales currently in use make any sense. For example, three randomly picked viewports have scales of 85.03, 503.20 and 62.56. Does that make sense to you? When was the last time you submitted a drawing to a client or for a school assignment that had such scales? The drawing should be done correctly or not done at all.

OK, you're right. It needs to be done right.

I understand your point, but I assumed that the scales of viewports in paper space were wrong and random, because the OP was not able to set 'normal' ones when the drawing in model space were done in meters, so again, I assumed thta was wrong and need to be amended. When the drawing is properly scaled the OP can now set 'normal' scales to viewports.

ara1.jpg

This object is drawn incorrectly. One line (on the left) measures 0.12 while the other measures 0.09. Wouldn't they both be the same?

ara2.jpg

These two lines have two different measurements. Shouldn't they be the same?

One measures 0.12 and the other 0.14.