Data Extraction

dbroada

we recently had a subbie who has ignored all instructions on how to create wire end markers that work with the routines we normally use and has left us with blocks all over the drawing.

We need to extract just one value from each of the blocks.

I have just looked at dataextraction which works but is labour intesnsive when we have constant block names and tag names.

Can somebody recommend a way to extract the value of the WIRE_NUMBER tag in a number of blocks named "WIRE DETAILS" and output them to .txt? A method that can be scripted would be brilliant!

edit---------------------------------

should be output to a txt file, not a dwg file. That's what comes of trying to leave on time! :)

Edited by dbroada

When the value of WIRE_NUMBER is output to a drawing what form does it take? Plain text? Is it going to be used in a table? Why isn't the output going to a database file or even a spreadsheet?

the wire number is plain text and is fed into a printing machine for the heat shrink markers

I have now corrected the error in the above post.

On the way home I realise this is a relatively simple LISP routine but I don't really have the time to progress one (especially as I prefer VBA) and I start my holiday tomorrow night.

looks good from here ATM!

Initially I thought that I didn't want all the dialogue boxes but I see the last line says it can be run on a complete directory so that would make me happy. Off to try it now.......

looks good from here ATM!

Initially I thought that I didn't want all the dialogue boxes but I see the last line says it can be run on a complete directory so that would make me happy. Off to try it now.......

Don't even need to open the drawings, eh?

Good luck. :)

YEAAAAA!!!!

does what I want.

Thank you Lee :thumbsup:

now to write some instructions in time to start packing :)

Lee to the rescue, as always! Who ya gonna calling? :beer:

Have a great vacation!