content paths

hertz hound

I have autocad mep 2012 set up on a new computer running windows 7. The default location for all the content paths under mep catalogs starts with C:\ProgramData ,but I do not have a folder under that name in the c drive. I need to put custom panels in and I cannot find the folder. I did have that folder in windows xp and everything worked fine. what am I missing

Is your Folder Options > View > Hidden Files and Folders set to "Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives"? Can you post a screenshot by chance?

I tried looking for the folder options but could not find it. I am new to windows 7. I thought that might be the problem because the default panels work fine and load from there, so I know the folder has to exist. I also tried the search for files and folders. That could not find the folder in under 2 seconds, I have been looking on and off for a few days now!!! So how do I get to folder options in windows 7?

Sure thing. And you are correct that the folders must exist if the panels are working fine.

Here is a screen on how to access Folder and Search Options:

Folder%20and%20search%20options.jpg

And "Show hidden files and folders" here:

hide-show-hidden-files-folders-options.png