Easy question (I think)... just can't figure it out... making a line longer

Guest EnvisionMan

Guest EnvisionMan

I just upgraded from AutoCAD 2008 to 2013.

When I was using 2008, and wanted to make a line longer, I could grab the end grip, move the mouse to the right (or whatever direction), and type onto the keyboard, "12 " and it would lengthen the line 12 inches.

Now when I grab a line, move the mouse to the right, and then type "12 " it makes the line 12" long (regardless of how long it was before).

What setting controls this? I used to know many years ago, but can't remember.

Thank you!

In 2012 if you select the line you want to lengthen and hover over the grip at the end you want to stretch you will be presented with a drop down menu.

Choose STRETCH VERTEX then move you cursor in the direction you want to stretch or shorten it and enter the DISTANCE by which you want to affect the length and click enter. :)

In 2012 and 2013 you should keep your eyes peeled for HOVER driven drop down contextual menus, there are lots of them on GRIPS for just about every kind of object.

Guest EnvisionMan

Thanks, Dadgad. Is there any way to make the 'Stretch' option be the default option? Perhaps I am impatient, but I don't like waiting that 1/2 second for the pulldown to show up, and then having to move my mouse to select the 'Stretch' option. Any way I can force 'stretch' to be the first 'auto' choice?