Beginner

hurrricaneFone

hi,im new to SW. currently im working on school project, where i need to build race car (F1 in schools). my question are:

1. what way should i start my design process? should i draw plane by plane and mate them? or directly cut design from balsa wood.sltr that ive made in beginning?

2. instead using fillet/drawing tools what is the other way to draw/blind cut a nice semicircle nose cone?

3. when i extruded my 2nd cut, it will ruin my 1st cut. any tips on this?

TQ.

Attach your sldprt file here.

Tutorial 6 is a toy car tutorial - but a bit different than what you are after.

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/SolidWorks_surface_tutorials.htm

You can probably get what you want with 2 extrusions - one from a profile of the top view and another (intesection - cut all outside) from side view.

Then maybe some fillets.

Think of how you will actually cut the form (I'm assuming using a band saw and then some sanded radii).

Attach your file here.

Unfortunately you are using a later version - so I cannot open your files, but stick around a bit and I'm sure Matt will take a look and offer some suggestions.

hi,im new to SW. currently im working on school project, where i need to build race car (F1 in schools). my question are:

1. what way should i start my design process? should i draw plane by plane and mate them? or directly cut design from balsa wood.sltr that ive made in beginning?

2. instead using fillet/drawing tools what is the other way to draw/blind cut a nice semicircle nose cone?

3. when i extruded my 2nd cut, it will ruin my 1st cut. any tips on this?

TQ.

Hurricane, were you asked to produce a SW model without having any guidance? I can't open a future version here at work but i have 2012 at home. Check out the lessons on my website in the mean time and i will try to make some time to open your files either tonight or tomorrow and have a look.

• 3 weeks later...