• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bulls2030

• ReMark

• nestly

Top Posters In This Topic

Like How do I put dimensions on my floor plan so that when I print it, it is easily readable to someone else? if u get what i mean?

Do you have a preference between placing your dimension in Modelspace vs Paperspace. Any preference toward Annotative or non-Annotative dimensions?

The following link is a good place to start as far as understanding the dimensioning tools, but you'll also have to decide on the questions I asked above, and set up Dimension and Text styles.

http://www.cadtutor.net/tutorials/autocad/dimensioning.php

Can you explain me the difference in modelspace and paperspace?

And the difference between annotative and non annotative?

I am kinda new to autocad and I am a civil engineer student doing my bachelors so ur help would be appreciated.

Since you apparently don't have a preference, I'd recommend going with Annotative dimensions, they are the newest and IMO the most versatile type of dimension.

Have you created a layout yet, and set up your paper?

yea i have my floor plan made and i have went to layout and printed it out many times if that is what u r asking. but i m having trouble doing the dimensions. like they are coming up really small and unreadable to the human eye

That is understandable since I suspect you did not make use of annotative scale. The only other option would be to go back into your model space drawing and change your dimension style settings. In my opinion it would certainly make things easier all around if you had some sort of scale in mind when this drawing was plotted though. That way you would have some idea of the "scale factor" that would give you the best results. Why did they dump this on you at the last minute? Couldn't they see you were still learning your way around the program? Who is normally responsible for creating CAD drawings at the company?