Upgrade to Civil 3D 2013 and AutoLoad error...

baker

Okay, over the weekend we upgraded to Civil 3D 2013. I verified my support paths and all my settings. everything is a go. I open acad2013doc.lsp and add; (load "U:/ACAD-CPIS/LISP/startup-2013.lsp" "")

startup-2013 contains autoloads for some quirky lisps i have created or saved over the years. for instance (AUTOLOAD "PRG" '("PRG")) the prg lisp is just a lisp that purges registererd apps, and then purges the drawing about 3 times and one or two other setting changes. the PRG.lsp works fine in 2013, but when the "startup" lisp tries to autoload, i get the following error; error:no function definition: AUTOLOAD

I even get teh same error when i use Vlisp to load the startup lisp. However, when i "comment" all my autoloads, the startup lisp loads fine.

why do my "autoloads" not load?

:facepalm:

Your first mistake was to modify Acad####Doc.lsp (in your case Acad2013Doc.lsp), which is an AutoCAD Owned file that can be overwritten during an Update without notification.

Autoload is a LISP function that is included within Acad####Doc.lsp, which suggests that your Autoload statements are being called prior to Autoload even being defined... prompting the error you're currently receiving.

Any/all custom, corporate, or internal LISP loading should be included within the User Owned files Acad.lsp, AcadDoc.lsp, or [YourEnterpriseCuixFileName].mnl only. Each has it's own purpose, and will persist during an Update.

If the needed file(s) do not exists, simply create them, and store them in the top file path in your Support File Search Paths (SFSP).

HTH

alos.. from the commad line in 2013

So I tried load vs. autoload in2013;

Command: (load "Y:/ZCenterPoint/CAD/LISP/c-layers.lsp")

C:CL

Command: (autoload "Y:/ZCenterPoint/CAD/LISP/c-layers.lsp")

; error: no function definition:AUTOLOAD

Command: (autoload "Y:/ZCenterPoint/CAD/LISP/c-layers.lsp" "cl")

; error: no function definition:AUTOLOAD

okay.. will change..

Especially as you progress with your LISP development, I suspect you'll come to appreciate the distinction here. :)

however.. this worked fine in 2012. when i added to the acad2012doc.lsp...

More accurately, improperly using Acad2012Doc.lsp was successful _only_ as a result of the Autoload function having been already defined. :thumbsup:

alos.. from the commad line in 2013

If the Autoload function is still not defined after a normal startup, with an unmodified Acad2013Doc.lsp, then check that Autodesk has not removed the function's definition from the file.

I have not noticed this with AutoCAD 2013 at home, but can verify tonight after work.

so.. i created an acaddoc.lsp in my root support directory. Should i justuse the (load ".....") function for the lisps rather than AutoLoad? isearched this in the autodesk discussions as well, and seems to be an issue..

so.. i created an acaddoc.lsp in my root support directory. Should i justuse the (load ".....") function for the lisps rather than AutoLoad? isearched this in the autodesk discussions as well, and seems to be an issue..

Most unfortunate... I'll definitely have to confirm this for myself from home.

If Autoload is not defined then you are relegated to using Load statements instead; a simple Ctrl+H can be used from VLIDE to replace all in one action. This is the best suggestion I can make at this time.

Cheers, Baker :beer:

FWIW -

The Autoload function _is_ included within Acad2013Doc.lsp, line 249, and more completely the _autoqload function (which Autoload is dependent upon) is included at line 226 of the same file. :thumbsup:

If you start Civil 3D, and Autoload is not yet defined, then try manually loading Acad2013Doc.lsp using a Load statement. Then try again.

Another simple check at the command line is:

(if autoload T nil)

HTH

We have a Autoload.lsp on our server contians our user lisps. Loaded 2013 added support paths to top in CONFIG, 2013 found with no user intervention.

So suggest pull all your lisps out of generic acaddoc2013 and make your own Autoload. I am sure others will advise if this is not right. Don't forget PGP also.

I too have an aptly named Autoload.lsp that contains Autoload statements for myriad routines, which itself is loaded by AcadDoc.lsp at drawing open.