Wrong dims used

dave59

Hi, I have completed a drawing and not used the correct dimension. Instead of using 15.50m I have drawn 1550 so 100 times bigger. The problem not realised until I am putting on paper and the scale is obviously not correct. Is there a quick fix were I can highlight the complete drawings in model and reduce to the correct 1.1?

Many thanks:cry:

Ctrl+A > SCALE > scalefactor 1/1000 perhaps? Or if you don't want to change the drawing you can change the dimscale on the dimension style tou are using

Welcome to the forum dave. :)

May all your seemingly HUGE problems be so easily resolved.

Do as Tiger suggested, just check her math (see my note after her quote).

Ctrl+A > SCALE > scalefactor 1/1000 perhaps? Or if you don't want to change the drawing you can change the dimscale on the dimension style tou are using

Tiger, I think you probably meant 1/100 or .01 eh?

Speed typing perhaps?

Edited by Dadgad

Hi, I have completed a drawing and not used the correct dimension. Instead of using 15.50m I have drawn 1550 so 100 times bigger. The problem not realised until I am putting on paper and the scale is obviously not correct. Is there a quick fix were I can highlight the complete drawings in model and reduce to the correct 1.1?

Many thanks:cry:

My guess is that if you enter UNITS at your commandline you will discover that your drawing units are set to meters, and you wanted them to be set to centimeters, whence the source of your problem. :)

Just scale it down as previously suggested by .01, and next time you start a drawing set your units before you start drawing.

My guess is that if you enter UNITS at your commandline you will discover that your drawing units are set to meters, and you wanted them to be set to centimeters, whence the source of your problem. :)

Just scale it down as previously suggested by .01, and next time you start a drawing set your units before you start drawing.

Is that right. I didn't think there was any distinction between a drawing done in Meters vs Cm or Mm, the user decides what "1" is equal to.

Is that right. I didn't think there was any distinction between a drawing done in Meters vs Cm or Mm, the user decides what "1" is equal to.

I need to check that, I could be mistaken, never have to deal with it myself. :?:

I was just trying to figure how it came to be drawn off by a factor of 100, and that seemed a likely scenario.

I just use a metric template and unitless for all other variables, insertion, target and blocks.

Yeah looks like you are right nestly, perhaps the OP's problem is not actually the scale at which it was drawn....

RIGHT the dimension is displaying millimeters, not meters.

1550 which is being displayed is the length in mms, and Dave is taking that to mean meters!

Dave try switching your dimension units to ARCHITECTURAL temporarily and create a new dimension in IMPERIAL units, so we can determine which is your issue. :)

Edited by Dadgad

This reminds me of a recent thread, except that it was on the architectural desktop (this does not seem to be), where the units specified were somewhat unorthodox, decimeters, in my opinion.

decimeters issue.jpg

try switching your dimension units to ARCHITECTURAL temporarily and create a new dimension in IMPERIAL units, so we can determine which is your issue. :)

I think it's easier than that. Simply dimension a line, then check the line's properties. If they're both 1550, then the drawing should be scaled down so the line is actually 15.50 If the dimension is 1550, and the properties palette says 15.50, then the dimension scale needs to be adjusted.

In the end however, I don't think it matters whether a metric drawing is scaled down, or the dimstyle is scaled up. I can imagine that some users may intentionally enter Centimeters or Millimeters, even in a drawing where 1 unit = 1 meter, just to avoid keying in all those decimal points.

Should the factor indeed be 100 then the dimension display can be adjusted as shown in the image, so that it will display accordingly.

Personally I always leave this at 1, just saying if needed there is a way. :)

change by 100.jpg

Welcome to the forum dave. :)

May all your seemingly HUGE problems be so easily resolved.

Do as Tiger suggested, just check his math (see my note after his quote).

Tiger, I think you probably meant 1/100 or .01 eh?

Speed typing perhaps?

Yah, thanks for clearing it up. In my defence, I was horizontal on the sofa while typing :beer:

And have you not been here long enough to know I am a tigress DG? :P

Tiger, my apologies, I don't recall having ever seen any gender defining posts or info on the forum for you (probably wrong there). :facepalm:

You once posted about knowing that your son would want a new guitar, like his father, and I thought you were describing yourself.

Bearing in mind that I am pretty much of a newbie myself hereabouts, I trust you'll cut me some slack. :beer:

No worries DG, I don't shout it out but it tends to come up here and there. o:)

I was just surprised that you didn't know, most of the regulars do :thumbsup:

No worries DG, I don't shout it out but it tends to come up here and there. o:)

I was just surprised that you didn't know, most of the regulars do :thumbsup:

And which part of looking at my avatar might have lead you to believe I was anything like regular? :beer: :D :playing: