listing shape files in a CAD dwg

jfraga

Call the SHAPE command with the options below:

Command: SHAPE

Enter shape name or [?]: ?

Enter shape name(s) to list : *

Thank you for the response.

I tried that and i got a window that said "no matching shapes found". Someone had me click the "data" icon in the task pane, "connect to data" and a window popped upwith a list of shp_#'s. When i select the title or try entering it, i get a "shape not found".

We have a cad dwg that contains shape files, is there a command that will list all the shape files in the dwg?

If your shapes were embedded with the _MAPIMPORT command, there's no way to list them.

If they were loaded by FDO... let Mr.Murph answer !

smile.gif

If your shapes were embedded with the _MAPIMPORT command, there's no way to list them.

If they were loaded by FDO... let Mr.Murph answer !

With the map import the AutoCAD layers "may" give some idea as to the shape names, depending on who and what settings were used with the import. With FDO the display manager will list the data connections unless the map was saved to Auto dwg format in which case the autocad layers may have the shape or data connect name in them.