Help adding an image or material to an object

Ste1978

I'll try to explain this the best way I can!

I am creating a design for a company presentation stand. The stand has a number of panels which will have images covering them. I have the artwork drawn and the images are all sized correctly in line with each panel.

Now this is where I am struggling, I have a 3DS Max model of the presentation stand and I want to add the artwork to the panels to see how our stand will look, and take some renders.

These are the steps I am taking

1) Load up material Editor

2) Click on diffuse and add the bitmap

Now there are various options here, but I can't seem to get the artwork to 'fit' the panels - I would have though I could have just brought the artwork in to scale and it would fit the selected panel accordingly but I must be doing something wrong!

I've attached a screenshot of what I hope will highlight what I am getting at!

Panels.jpg

Click the little button to "Show map in Viewport".

You may have other issues though. If that model is all one piece, you will need to tell Max where you want the image to be applied. To do this you will need to use a multi/sub-object material and assign Material ID's to the object.

You will also need to apply a UVW mapping modifier to the object to set up the UVW coordinates so that Max will now how to apply the material.

It's a bit more complicated than just telling Max "Here is the bitmap, put it on the object".

Untitled-1.jpg