Search and Replace exploded blocks?

wakeboarder205

I have enough experience in Civil 3d to know I am 99% sure there is no way to do this, but I thought I would at least ask. We received a drawing in which every single block has been exploded, they are just a bunch of polylines now. The company we received it from says they don't have a drawing with the original blocks...sure... The long and the short of it is that we need to replace every exploded block with our standard blocks. Is there some crazy way to search and replace a pattern of lines or basically, search and replace the exploded blocks. A lisp routine, anything. There are thousands of exploded blocks by the way, thousands. Any ideas from people who have had similar problems would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I think as a first step you would somehow have to know the name of the exploded block. But even armed with that information how would you know its point of insertion, scale or rotation angle without an original block to compare it to?

I've seen lisps that could locate certain types of objects and insert something or replace those objects with something else, but like ReMark said, scaling and rotating would add another layer of complexity. I'm not saying it couldn't be done if the the object is unique enough to be queried, but I think you'd need the help of someone pretty sharp with lisps. (yes, there are some of them around here at Cadtutor)

If the objects in the block are somewhat unique, you could use QSELECT to locate them, then change one of their properties so they could be easily located/isolated. (ie color or layer) to help with a more manual solution.

Perhaps it might help if you could explain exactly where these blocks were created. Was it from surveyed points? was it from drawing something with Measure ,Divide or Array? or randomly distributed in the drawing? :?