WorkSpace and Ribbon Tabs

cadman6735

Hi all

I am setting up AutoCADArch 2013 and my CUIX file lost it settings and won't show the ribbon tabs when I right click on the Ribbon Bar unless I load it into my workspace.

When loading the ribbons into the workspace they come in with Appearance -> Show as ON by default.

I want all Tabs to be avalible when right clicking on the ribbon bar but not all on. Is there a way to globaly turn all tabs off except for the 5 I want to show instead of going thru the 100 plus tabs and turning them off one by one.

Thanks

Thanks

Are you loading from a default Profile? Best thing to do is to open AutoCAD in the default Profile. Then in Options > Profiles make a copy, rename it, set it to current and restart AutoCAD. This way all defaults are set, then you make changes to that particular Profile and Workspaces.

Make sure to use the WSSAVE command to save any changes to your Workspace.

Hi Stykface

Well, the thing is I have already set up my workspace from 2012 with all my different workset and all my settings have remained with the exception of Ribbon tabs that some how "all" turned on and run for ever on my screen. I don't want to nor should I have to reset-up all my workspaces. When I fist loaded my .cuix file it worked fine but somehow now all my Ribbons show. It took me a long time to go thru all of them to turn them off but still be able to access via right clicking on the Ribbon itself and checking or unchecking as I please.

The default workspace only has about 10 or so ribbons loaded in the workspace and all of them loaded in the main .cuix file.

It confuses me why:

1.) Ribbon are loaded by default as "ON" seems easier to turn on the ones you want vs. turning off the ones you don't.

2.) I have to load the ribbons into my workset to access them from the ribbon bar right click. Toolbars don't work that way, a toolbar can be loaded in the CUI file and not the workspace but I can load a new toolbar via right click on the toolbar select the one I want and then it gets added to my workspace. Seems strange Ribbons and toolbars would work different.

3.) It would be nice if I could select all the ribbons and globaly turn on or off the ribbon show option vs one at a time.

Anyway, thanks for your reply, I am only looking for a global way to control my Ribbon tab display, seems one may not exist.

Stykface, your avatar reminds me of one of the most disturbingthings I have ever seen on tv, the curb bite & kick

Stykface, your avatar reminds me of one of the most disturbingthings I have ever seen on tv, the curb bite & kick
Yep, same movie. :)

Did you ever get your issue fixed?

Not sure about 2013 had one of the guys menu just screw up without warning had to go back and recreate from scratch using a default profile. Hope its not a bug. Its a worry when were rolling out multiple 2013's