SOLID not filling in ....

3rdElle

My Architectural walls came in hatched in "SOLID" I have done the following:

Fillode = 1

Textfill = 1

Both the hatch patterns and the text in the drawing is appearing unfilled.

The text style is set correctly.

HOW CAN I GET MY SOLID HATCH PATTERN AND TEXT TO APPEAR WITH THEIR FILL AND NOT OUTLINED AS THEY DO?

Not only does the solid come out hollow, but the text throughout the drawing does as well.

The solid fill is displaying as I would expect, there is not meant to be any detail shown in a solid hatch, it merely displays filled with whatever color has been designated by the layer.

I selected all, then checked, and found that there is only one text item in the drawing. I didn't see it at first, because it is on the same layer and is the same color as your solid hatch which obscures it.

By enlarging it from 5" to 5' and changing the display color to red, it shows up fine.

Hope that helps you out. :)

tiny text.JPG

Verify that you are not in a 3D shaded view.

I am in 2009 and I dont use the 3D functionality so I dont know how to check this?

Can you please help out if not too much trouble?

Thanks!

I see the same as everyone else with AutoCAD2011-13. I doubt it's the Shademode since only "Hidden" should hide the solid hatches, but you can double check that you're in 2DWireframe on the Ribbon > View panel. Murph's hotfix does seem a likely culprit if you have Raster.

VS.jpg

When I open the drawing in 2004 & 2012, the wall hatching appears like the images above. To turn off shading, type SHADEMODE then select the 2D Shading option.