Adding fields to polylines properties

falcon900

hi everyone

Ive been trying to add additional fields to polyline properties... in the properties there are 4 fields...general, 3D visualization, geometry, and Misc.

im trying to add additional fields to show more information

Ive attached a picture to show what im trying to do...someone created "OD:wpipes" and "LT:wpipes" to show more information about the pline..how did they add those fields?

cad_pic.jpg

The OD:Wpipes are from an MAP3D Object data table attached to the polylines. The LT:Wpipes are from a data base linked table also an Map3D function. The tutorials for map3d should provide you the info needed to create them.

In order to add your own fields to properties, first you have to define a new attribute table with _ADEDEFDATA then _ADEATTACHDATA - it works for me in Map2006, I hope in recent Civil too...

smile.gif

In order to add your own fields to properties, first you have to define a new attribute table with _ADEDEFDATA then _ADEATTACHDATA - it works for me in Map2006, I hope in recent Civil too...

smile.gif

thank you so much!

i looked around alot for this and this is exactly what i was looking for

again thanks alot!:)

The OD:Wpipes are from an MAP3D Object data table attached to the polylines. The LT:Wpipes are from a data base linked table also an Map3D function. The tutorials for map3d should provide you the info needed to create them.

thank you for replying

ive never used map3 but what emigrato posted was exactly what i was looking for...im new on the job and i was supposed continue my predecessor's work which involved using OD for labeling utility lines...but thank you so much! is the linked table function available on civil 3D?

thank you for replying

ive never used map3 but what emigrato posted was exactly what i was looking for...im new on the job and i was supposed continue my predecessor's work which involved using OD for labeling utility lines...but thank you so much! is the linked table function available on civil 3D?

Yes, the linked database table is part of Map3D and is in Civil3d, however there are a lot of issues with linking/connecting a database to newer versions of the civil/map3d. If you are using 32 bit vs 64 bit and the version of MS Office you have installed and with a linked template you only get the one field displayed in the property palette, were as in older version as simple drag & drop of the database file worked and you had all the fields displays in the property palette.