link title of file to the title block inside

19cruthik68

I have a title block inside my drawing and i want to link my title on the title of the file itself, so that if the title of the file was change, it will be change also inside the drawing. how is this? thanks

I have a title block inside my drawing and i want to link my title on the title of the file itself, so that if the title of the file was change, it will be change also inside the drawing. how is this? thanks

Mircea is right, this is pretty easily done by adding a field to your Sheet or Title Block. I will post again with visuals in a few minutes. :)

You will want to double click on the text in the location where you wish to INSERT FIELD (from your right click menu), then set it up as shown in the image.

This newly defined field will display the saved FILE NAME to the title block. I believe that is what you are trying to do?

Insert a field for file name.jpg

I use something similar, but if you only want a portion of the filename (like I do), hen try a Diesel field. E.g. this would extract only the 4 characters from the filename, starting from the 3rd:

capture_06122012_102451.png