Relative Xref paths in New & Existing Drawings

acad2012

For new drawings, is there a way to program Autocad to always load Xrefs relative? We pretty much use xrefs everywhere, and it seems like it would save a lot of time if I didn't have to open the External References and change each xref to relative.

Also, if you have an existing drawing and need to change the xref from absolute to relative path, is there a way to have it automatically do that? I'm assuming there isn't, but thought I'd ask.

Unfortunately AutoCAD LT doesn't allow me to access Reference Manager, as far as I'm aware of. :cry:

If that is true; most unfortunate, as LT also precludes you from using LISP.

Perhaps someone adept at the limitations of LT will know more, as I use verticals (i.e., Land Desktop, Civil 3D, Map 3D, etc.). Good luck!

AFAIK, Reference Manager should work with LT.

That's what I thought (hence the suggestion in the first place! LoL), but do not have LT to verify.