Digitization Help

Osmo

Hello,

I work for a company that uses pretty crappy software (LogoTAG to write the .dff and magic tools to cut the stuff on the waterjet).

We get wood templates in alot and I am sick of measuring them and making a sketch that i then have to program and then adjust when i realize i made a mistake.

We are looking to invest in digitization software. Something like the hardware that takes an photo of the piece and then digitilize it with its software.

Can anyone help point me int he right direction or recommend something?

I am self taught and know little about this stuff, although I am pretty damn good at 2d CAD drawing now.

Not sure how big you are talking about but put a b-w Ruler on object and take a digital photo insert JPG rescale and trace.

Maybe bring into photoshop I think it has a outline tool just put a dark black line on edge, another thought raster to vector re black line, another there are 3d digitisers out there very accurate but not cheap. Another I have a real cheap digitiser board just run the stylus around object using trace if I remember right.

Really at the end of the day not going to get true curves for your cutter unless you edit.