Penn Foster Oleson Village

cosme017

It's a long shot, but try pressing ENTER to tell it you're done entering points, then ZOOM EXTENTS (double click your scrool wheell, type ZOOM followed by EXTENTS on your keyboard, or find a way through the ribbon). It sounds like you may have drawn the geometry but are zoomed too far out (or possibly too far in)to see it!

dJE

And all i get is a line that is move by my mouse. I entered exactly what was listed above, and the the lines did not form. I know it is something simple, but what? It seems as though I have to pick a point with my mouse, then draw another line by hand. so the numbers inputted mean nothing to the drawing.

I think i am zoomed in too far. When i enter a point, and hit enter i scroll the mouse over the drawing and then i takes the line and moves it all over the screen. Should i do zoom extents right after the first point? How do i mark the first point as my benchmark? The first line runs off the screen. Also, i finally got the panel on top off the screen, but it says there are no ribbons selected, so there is just a black bar on top.

One more thing, after i enter the points i move the mouse on the screen and it draws frivilous drawings.

One more thing, after i enter the points i move the mouse on the screen and it draws frivilous drawings.

I'm not sure what you are doing here. It almost sounds like you are sketching.

I sent you a PM. Go read it.

I think i am zoomed in too far. When i enter a point, and hit enter i scroll the mouse over the drawing and then i takes the line and moves it all over the screen. Should i do zoom extents right after the first point? How do i mark the first point as my benchmark? The first line runs off the screen. Also, i finally got the panel on top off the screen, but it says there are no ribbons selected, so there is just a black bar on top.

After drawing the first line do a Zoom > Extents. Can you see the entire line now?

OlsenVillage.jpg

I'm assuming you've seen this image that was posted in a previous thread. It should give you some idea of what you need to accomplish.

Yes, i have seen this via another student. I printed it for reference. I see the benchmark, but i'm not sure how to draw that symbol. I will check my textbook today.

Use any method you prefer. It could be done in a couple different ways. A circle with a cross in it and two hatched quadrants would work.

First locate where the benchmark has to go in the drawing using the provided coordinates then draw your symbol. I'd recommend making it a block but I can't recall if that is required.

Have you made any progress yet or are you still spinning your wheels?

OK..it's almost 5:26 PM here in Connecticut and still no response. Either you made such good progress that you no longer need help or you gave up. Either way I guess my input is no longer required. Bye.

Edited by ReMark

OK, I got the lines back, but of course the info I am putting in is not staying. the lines are still moving around. Do i need to start with the benchmark. I put point then the coordinates, but nothing happens

Ok, so I'm not sure if i am going to fail or not, but i have decided to free hand the project using the line commands. Might or might not be right, but i will find out when i mail it in. 2 more nights and i should be finished. Is it ok to email it to you, for a mock grade? I really appreciate your help Remark. Sorry i didn't respond earlier, but i work outside and the lightening screwed up my plans.

You have to select a command (line, xline, polyline, circle, etc.) and enter a start point before you can then enter your second point (the "@" symbol means you're entering a position relative to the last one selected. If you didn't have that the new point would be relative to the origin).

dJE

Freehand the project? You might as well stop now then as you just literally threw your money out the window in a 50 mph wind.

No, you cannot email me the drawing. Include it as an attachment with your next post. We need a copy of the DWG file itself and not an image (JPG, PNG).

Edited by ReMark

before I enter @113.66

You start with the LINE command and when prompted to "Specify the first point" pick the endpoint of the line you used to locate your benchmark (I'm assuming you read my PM to you). The results should be similar to this:

Command: L

LINE Specify first point:

Specify next point or [undo]: @113.66

Then press ENTER. Your line should be drawn at the correct distance and angle. To verify this you can do a LIST on the line or select the line and check its properties on the Properties palette.

Jeez, I hope you are not picking endpoints of lines by eye. You should be using OSnaps. This was covered briefly in the introduction to the project right?

Edited by ReMark