Penn Foster Oleson Village

cosme017

Maybe it's my eyes or maybe it's the image but something doesn't look quite right with a couple of the curves on SW Village Lane. But other than that it looks pretty good.

Can I ask one more favor? Can I see a close up of the SW 85th Avenue cul-de-sac?

• 1 year later...

Just some info for the next poor soul to do this project; in the new booklet they give out someone made a typo on the tree to be saved table 4. tree #S44 has the coordinates(1420986.34,786332.48 )which puts the tree a mile north of the actual subdivision.... I looked on the old version of the booklet and it should actually be (1420986.34,783332.48) I was pretty confused for a minute haha :lol:

Attention to detail and accuracy is not a strong point when it comes to Penn-Foster projects. The first iteration of the project also had one tree that ended up way out in left field too. Some things never change I guess.

• 7 months later...

ReMark or someone please walk me through this step for the lots? Do I enter OFFSET on the command line and the entet 60.00s? I really don't know how to do this.

you type offset, hit enter, type in the distance, hit enter, and then select which direction from the line you are offsetting that you want to go the offset distance

Jefferson:

Stop what you are doing.

Did you know that AutoCAD has a built-in Help file that can be accessed via the F1 key?

If you do not know how to use a particular command you can look up it up and learn about its use.

In addition to that CADTutor has basic tutorials about AutoCAD that you might find useful. Finally, mycadsite.com also has tutorials keyed to various releases of AutoCAD that anyone can view for free.

BTW...there is no need to repeat a question. Please try to show some patience as we are all volunteers here. Thank you.

• 7 years later...
On 6/27/2012 at 6:15 PM, ReMark said:

The benchmark is located at the intersection of the north streetline of SW Washington Street and the east streetline of SW Oleson Road. The line you are being instructed to draw will take you to the intersection of the west streetline of SW Oleson Road and the north streeline of SW Kensington Place. It is only a reference line to get you across the street (SW Oleson Road) to a very important streetline intersection where the real work of creating the subdivision property lines begin.

HOW LONG IS THE WEST BOUNDRY LINE DRAWN? THESE DIRECTIONS ARE NOT HERE

On 6/27/2012 at 6:53 PM, ReMark said:

OlesonVillageLots1-2-3.jpg

After you draw the subdivision boundary your next task will be to create lots 1, 2 and 3. This is covered on page 6.

Next comes the cul-de-sac (the upside-down lollipop) you see near the bottom of the above image.

HOW LONG ARE BORDERS IN LIGHT BLUE? DIRECTIONS DO NOT STATE

The boundaries of the subdivision are explicitly stated using a bearing and a distance with the exception of the last one.   Please refer to the project instructions.  Does that answer your question?

[Edited out incorrect info.]

Edited by ReMark

i guess. the coordinates they gave , i am having trouble with , they dont look right. it draws a line from benchmark, then an angle to right line, thats to be the Olsen road. then another separate line on the west border. 

the west boundary road line starts at POB i know, just not sure why no length were giving. i will retry again this weekend. the instructors never get back in time . 

The blue boundary line is supposed be on layer 0 or its own layer? 

Thanks for help, will post a photo. 

As noted, the first point in the survey for Oleson Village will be the POB.  It is located 113.66 feet from the benchmark (BM) at a bearing of N5 degrees 27' 23"W.  Have you accurately positioned the benchmark?  The Oleson Village boundary should be drawn on the Boundary layer.  The layer color is cyan (a light blue color).

Re: boundary lines.  They are, in fact, drawn using not only a bearing but a distance.  Well, that is, three out of the four boundary lines are drawn that way.  The final boundary line is drawn from the southern end of the third boundary line back to the starting point which would be the POB.  Therefore, no distance is actually called out.

I'm sorry to hear that your Penn-Foster instructor does not answer your questions in a timely manner but then again, I am not surprised either.  It's been that way for a long time.     

Edited by ReMark

see none of that is in directions. instructor told me start on layer 0 which was the tree blocks were on.  i guess i should know  that. every layer is self explanatory . it would be easy if i knew the boundary distances. west is 60 feet an north is, 120 feet i think

Do you have a "Project Booklet" for the Oleson Village project?  If so, then it should contain a table listing the layers you must create.  The table lists the Layer Name, Layer Color and the Linetype that should be assigned to the layer.  In previous instructions there were two layers for trees.  They would be named Trees-save and Trees-remove.  The layer colors, respectively, would be green and blue.  The linetype assigned is Continuous.

Re: boundary distances.  In your "Project Booklet" the Oleson Village boundary is described as follows:

"The point of beginning (POB) of this survey is measured from BM#8332. This benchmark is located at the northeast corner of the intersection of SW Washington Street and SW Oleson Road. The coordinates for the benchmark are 1421334.93,783207.62. The first point in the survey for Oleson Village (the POB) is 113.66 feet from the benchmark and at a bearing of N5°27'23"W.

The survey moved out from the POB to several points as listed here. 

The next survey point after the POB is 542.16 feet away at a bearing of N39°16'46"E. The line connecting the points is a right-of-way line and serves as the west boundary of SW Oleson Road, which is 80 feet wide.  The next survey point is 676.62 feet away from the last one and at a bearing of N87°28'25"W. This line is the south boundary of a small subdivision.  The next survey point is 457.43 feet away from the last one and at a bearing of S2°31'35"W. This line is the east boundary of a small subdivision.  The final line that surrounds the Oleson Village subdivision is from the last surveyed point back to the POB of the subdivision. This line is the north right-of-way line for SW Kensington Place, which is 40 feet wide."

You are plotting a survey via bearings and distances not cardinal compass points (i.e. - North, South, East & West).

Edited by ReMark