AC2012 layout print & Designjet T2300. D size incorrect print rotation.

CalypsoArt

I have a template with layouts of different sizes that had been working fine with a previous Xerox 6204. My D size and E size automatically oriented with the 36" side parallel to the roll feed. I have since moved to a job that got a Designjet T2300. On this machine the D size orients the 24" side parallel. This wastes 1' of paper on the left and uses 1' extra as it runs the 36" side perpendicular. I have been unable to rectify the problem. I have tried printing in portrait, that actually cut off some of the image. I have tried all types of rotation within the driver and layouts. Tech support had me going into the machine settings and set rotation to 90. Nothing. There is a warning that "HP utilities" is not installed. Could this be a remedy? When the tech came to set up the printer he installed the necessary drivers but mad no mention of this utility.

Hoping someone here is familiar with this problem. AC2012, HP desighjet T2300

You need the HP software installed and there is options like autorotate and save white space, a crude way while your waiting try rotating your title block 90 deg and plotting using a portrait size sheet