Mirror blocks

MisterJingles

Hi all

I drew a building which due to site constraints now has to be mirrored in its entirety, now my windows, aircons etc are all mirrored incorrectly with the text "facing down".

I know how MIRRTEXT works, is there a command which would allow me to do the same thing with a block which contains text? IE The block mirrors but the text remains "facing up"?

Thanks

I've tried it with it set both ways (MIRRTEXT = 0 and MIRRTEXT = 1) but it still mirrors facing down.

Text and MText objects within blocks get mirrored when a block is mirrored. If you need the text to remain "right-reading" I believe it has to be an Attribute.

Text and MText objects within blocks get mirrored when a block is mirrored. If you need the text to remain "right-reading" I believe it has to be an Attribute.
It is possible that that is what I have.

From AutoCAD help---

MIRRTEXT affects text that is created with the TEXT, ATTDEF, or MTEXT commands; attribute definitions; and variable attributes. Text and constant attributes that are part of an inserted block are reversed when the block is mirrored regardless of the MIRRTEXT setting.

from a quick test, text within a block is mirrored irrespective of MIRRTEXT setting while attibutes mirror or remain right reading depending on the setting. I don't use constant attributes.