AutoCad 2013 slow

nowikovs12

Hello guys,

I'm having some problems with my autocad 2013 version. It seams to be slow and not as responsive as I can remember in previous versions. When ever I select or apply a command, it seams to slightly drag. Same with drawing a line, it feels like the program is trying to keep up. I never had this problem before.

I installed the latest drivers for my graphics card.

Would appreciate some advices, as this is anoying :x

Using widdows 7, 64bit, 16GB RAM, iMac 27'

Turn off unnecessary bells and whistles in AutoCAD and Windows and see if performance improves.

examples:

Windows Aero themes

Selection Cycling

Quick Properties

Properties Preview

Selection Preview

Rollover Tooltips

Close Properties and Layer Palettes

Hello Nestly,

I tried most of these, just left the Object snap and Polar tracking, doesn't seam to make a difference. I have 2GB of AMD Radeon HD 6970M, it should be more then enough to run AutoCad drafting. When I run 3dsMax, it navigates like a charm, very responsive. I really don't understand the reason.

I also looked into this thread - http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?69385-Autocad-2013-goes-very-slow-when-selecting-certain-tools , tried copying everything into a new drawing, didn't help. I also tried the commands Audit, no changes. I'm not familiar, but are there similar service packs available, like for 3dsMax in autocad?

Thank you for the replies,

There is no Service Pack available for AutoCAD2013 yet, and based on recent history, there likely won't be one until Sept-Oct.

ReMark, if I'm not mistaken, they only calling them "Updates" for the 2011 release cycle... I believe they've gone back to "Service Packs" again.

*edit* "Update" was used from 2009-2011 but it did go back to "Service Pack" for 2012.... 2013... Who knows?

Hi guys,

thank you for your help. I have a feeling that it is to do with the graphics driver, I installed the latest drivers. I also looked at other forums, and there was mentioned to switch off the hardware acceleration, when I get to the settings, the button is faded, and I can't get access to it.

Wait.... are you using 2013 on a Mac, or a PC? I really don't know anything about Macs, can you run Win7 on Apple hardware?

AutoCAD Updates and Service Packs. --- > http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9240618

Mac Updates and Service Packs ---> http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=15839491

Ok, gents,

I just restarted my Mac, opened autocad, and the navigation and line drawing is very responsive. I guess after installing the latest drivers, it is a good idea to restart your pc o:) I now have the windows aero theme back on, and DYNMODE set to 3 rather instead of 0. Great, I just spend good 2 hours on this, back to work tomorrow.

No no no Nestly, I hate AutoCad on Macintosh, I am using bootcamp and windows 7, so I was talking about windows version of Autocad. Thank you all for the help,

All the best, :notworthy:

Since you like the Mac but also like running a Windows-based program (AutoCAD) on it do you drive an Austin-Martin with a Chevy engine installed? LoL

You must have money to burn. What business are you in? Are there any job openings? Just kidding!

ha ha :lol: that is a great way to compare ReMark! I love chevys!

If I will be honest I am starting to move away from macs, as I am happy with 64bit windows7 performance and in near future will consider to make my own built. So I will be posting regarding to suggestions from you, experienced users.

I have done some research on the graphics cards and processors, such as Quadro 6000 and Tesla C2075, with the CUDA cores and etc. So really the Mac will be just a fancy screen :D

No ReMark, I am just a poor junior Interior Designer :P, but because this forum is so great with responses and help, I improve rapidly and the need for better equipment grows.

So thanks again guys,

all the best,