Forcing Page Setup to Multiple Files

Kemphas

With ACDLT2010 is there a way to create 1 page setup and force it with one command to all SHEETS (Paper Space) or Multiple Files Model's prior to Batch Plotting a Project?

Reason i ask, is i regularly get files from other contractors, and they use different aspect ratio's / paper sizes / blah bleh blah. Manually going through and changing all the settings is time consuming and would be much easier if i can just pull up a list of drawing's and force a page setup to all pages.

- Thanks in advance.

No need to do all that. In Publish you can point to a page setup for all sheets to use. Highlight them all, pick the down arrow key at the top of the list of page setups, point to the one you want to use, they will all use that page setup for that instance of plotting.

You can use the DWG TrueView program (free from Autodesk) to push the pagesetups into the drawings, but again, why bother when you can use over rides in publish.

I tried the publish feature i found no area to add additional DWG files to the publish such as a batch plot would assemble multiple drawings into a single pdf file. Additionally when i publish it didn't ask me where to save anything and it appeared to be for publishing blocks and stuff to Design review but it popped up a ACD website to publish on the net which i obviously cant be doing as this is all proprietary work i'm doing..

Any help with the original question, not another way.

Is there a way to right a macro and than apply the macro to a list of files?

- Thank You.

There's a lot of options in the publish dialog box to set, explored them all and see if that helps any. Attached is a image of it from 2010 version that may help.

pagesetup.jpg

Thats the Batch Plot Section. Not the publish section, I understand top left it says publish but if you go to file/publish you get a whole differnet screen.

This is how i plot multiple files into one.

I already use this.

I still do not see a way to tell all files (with one action) to use a defined Page setup.. I personally have a peeve about this batch plot screen not having a sort for type of file so i can delete all paper spaces in one clean swipe... rather than click delete click delete click delete.

It also doesnt have 1 command to use one Template for All files on the Sheet Set...

This is what im looking for.

I still do not see a way to tell all files (with one action) to use a defined Page setup.. I personally have a peeve about this batch plot screen not having a sort for type of file so i can delete all paper spaces in one clean swipe... rather than click delete click delete click delete.

Start the Publish dialog, right click in an area where the file names appear, uncheck Model Space. Do this before adding any files then you don't need to delete them. You do know you can hold the CTRL button down, select all the sheets you want, then delete?

It also doesnt have 1 command to use one Template for All files on the Sheet Set...

Once you have your layouts listed in the dialog box, you pick on the first one, then hold down Shift and pick the last one, you now have all the files selected. Now pick the dropdown box for the first file for pagesetups, what ever pagesetup you pick will be used for all the sheets. Knowing how to select multiple files is very basic computer knowledge.

There are lots of other options in the publish dialog I would suggest you spend some time really looking it over and also getting a book to guide you on using AutoCAD.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I know what Kemphas' problem is: THERE IS NO DOWN ARROW ABOVE that will select the file you want to use as a settings base! the only one asks you if you want to save the list! That's no use!!! Didn't work for me either.