Top Posters In This Topic

• PotGuy

• Lee Roy

• CADTutor

• Strix

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

I think the issue with Facebook/Twitter/Whatever usage is that it would attract people who wouldn't benefit the Forums and start many threads that mean nothing.

While there will be those who would want to positively contribue to the Forum, I could see people who would end up getting this site site block posting garbage.

"What would you like?"

I would just like to get a simple "Thank You" when I help someone to solve their problem. That's not too much to ask . . . Is it? :unsure:

Thanks Button makes it easy and convenient to thank someone without having to post. ;)

Thanks Button makes it easy and convenient to thank someone without having to post.

Well, the guys I'm referring to probably wouldn't even use the button. They just take my help and then come back a few days later asking more questions, with never so much as a "Thanks".

Well, the guys I'm referring to probably wouldn't even use the button. They just take my help and then come back a few days later asking more questions, with never so much as a "Thanks".
Lol, you get that too, huh? :)

I like the idea of a Thanks button. They have something similar to this over at the RevitForum.org site, and what's good about it you can filter searches with this as a filter option. When someone has a golden tip, more people will respond and makes it easy for others to easily find these types of invaluable responses.

Lol, you get that too, huh? :)

Yeah, there are a couple of guys who have made a habit of picking my brain without thanking me for my time. I guess I just feel like they're taking advantage and I'm tired of it. They are definitely the exception though, not the rule. 99.9% of the members here are great. It's just that 0.1% that gets under my skin.

Sorry for the detour. :oops:

Yes. I don't read every thread, but I've noticed this a few times. I've wondered if perhaps someone else shouldn't suggest they say 'Thank You' before asking another question. At least on this forum it is common courtesy to express it, that is, most show they are quite thankful for the help. Of course, if they are donating, then that might be thanks enough.;)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Yeah, there are a couple of guys who have made a habit of picking my brain without thanking me for my time. I guess I just feel like they're taking advantage and I'm tired of it. They are definitely the exception though, not the rule. 99.9% of the members here are great. It's just that 0.1% that gets under my skin.

Sorry for the detour. :oops:

I think I've found what you mean.

I think (and probably several others as well) that a AutoCAD LT customization forum would be very popular. There's a lot of LT users out there that would probably find it nice to be able to use a forum focused on LT only. This entire website is mostly based on people who have the full version of AutoCAD so why not make something to help us who are limited to LT only? Or change the CUI, hatches, line types, and macros forum to AutoCAD LT, CUI, and Macros and direct people elsewhere for hatches and line types. Just an idea so those who are only on LT that don't know where to look will find it in the search engines or from browsing your site and go "OH THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR ALL FREAKIN' DAY" or somewhere along those lines.

Edited by Tuns

There are websites dedicated entirely to LT. I'm sure you've encountered them in your travels right?

Yes I have, however, I really love CAD Tutor and I would love to see something like this come about.

You can create a Poll and see what other members think of the idea and/or contact David Watson and put the question directly to him. I'll support you for what that might be worth.

• 2 years later...

I'd like to add my voice against facebook and twitter as well. They turn me away from a lot of other sites. (But then again, being a nerd doesn't require social behavior. :D