Unlocking Viewports

Catcall

I am using AutoCAD 2010.

Recently there are commands that I have used in the past but now are not able to attain through mouse clicking.

I used to be able to right click on a viewport and a dialogue box would come up which had a feature allowing me to unlock that particular viewport. Now all I get is a standard dialogue box with copy,cut and paste,etc. I tried to go to the help section and find a command I could type in for unlocking the viewports and was not successful in finding that info! I need this info today (June 18, 2012)!

Also, I used to be able to click on an object and it would "list" its attributes without typing in the command "list". Another is I used to be able to double click text to edit...now I have to go to the text editor icon.

Thank you!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Catcall

• Dadgad

• ReMark

• nestly

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please remain calm. We don't want to upset the other passengers.

Re: unlocking viewport. This can be accomplished via the Properties palette and/or Quick Properties too.

What is the setting for the system variable DBLCLKEDIT? It should be set to "ON".

You can utilize Quick Properties to obtain information about entities that you click on however you did use the word "attributes" so I want to clarify what you mean. Do you mean actual attributes that have been attached to a block? Ex. - a desk with attributes for employee name and telephone extension number.

Thank you.

No, by attributes I meant the layer the object is on, the angle in the plant, line type, color,etc...

I also thought it was a mouse clicking problem as you did, so is there another mouse clicking setting besides DBLCLKEDIT, for single clicking or right clicking, for ie?

Welcome to the forum. :)

Sounds like you want to set your TEXTED system variable to 2, check in the image for available options.

It also sounds like you have used your QUICK PROPERTIES in the past, which I find much more useful and customizable than the regular PROPERTIES.

See if the other image rings a bell for you.

You may also be looking for TIME SENSITIVE right click settings which you can find in your OPTIONS on the USER PREFERENCES tab. If you haven't tried it before you might want to.

text editing options.JPG

quick properties in use.JPG

right click options.JPG

Hi! Thank you,

How do get to the "system variables" dialogue box?

I also cannot find an icon for "quick properties" ...I have one for regular properties and thank you for the "display locked" solution.

Thank you for the system variable command tip.

"TEXTED" is not in the AutoCAD 2010 version of the system variable

I don't know if you saw my edit to POST #8, regarding the RIGHT CLICK CUSTOMIZATION options. :)

yes, I put a check mark in the "time sensitive" box of the right click customization as you showed me and now when I right click the "options" dialogue box comes up!

yes and no....don't need the O2 cylinder because I can finish my deadline for today (:thumbsup:), but still have clicking issues :(

Does this mean you have stopped hyperventilating Catcall?

Can we put the O2 cylinder away?

Yeah, break out the nitrous! :)

Check the image please. Might this be what you are after?

implied windowing perhaps.JPG